• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sick of being Sick

purpleprincess29

I'm not eating to restriction, I'm eating soft mushy foods, chewing well and taking my time yet still most foods come back up.

Although there seems to be not rhyme or reason to it. A meal that went down and stayed down one day can give me the most horrendous pain and hours of vomiting a few days later when I try the same thing.

Is this normal? I'm also in a weight loss stall that has lasted three weeks now and it's all getting me down a bit.

Never take the chance - it's always worth a phone call to your team - good luck xxx

awwwwww melanie i am not alot of help as i havent had my op yet ............but i wanted to just say i hope this passes soon for you xx

Pls call ur team as i had a similar prob and it was down to 2 things for me and it was the hormones in ur tummy post bypass and my meds, in the end i had to have daily injections to control the sickness x

i was the same and my weight was very slow to come off im much better now although some food i still cant tolerate very well.i would check with your team just to be on safe side but its only been just over a month since your op so you will still be in the healing prosses and it takes time to settle down.............kath x

Im exactly the same, some days all I can stomach is a cup of tea and a couple of rich tea biscuits.

My weight loss is really slow too, its quite common, we are led to believe that the weight just drops off in stones really quick, for some that does happen but not for most.

I can go 3-4 weeks without a loss, then drop 6-7lb !!!!!11

I'm not eating to restriction, I'm eating soft mushy foods, chewing well and taking my time yet still most foods come back up.

Although there seems to be not rhyme or reason to it. A meal that went down and stayed down one day can give me the most horrendous pain and hours of vomiting a few days later when I try the same thing.

Is this normal? I'm also in a weight loss stall that has lasted three weeks now and it's all getting me down a bit.
Hugs-016.gif

I can't help as I've not had my op yet, I just wanted to say how miserable for you pet, I would do as all the others suggest, phone your team & talk to them. I hope you get it sorted soon xxx

Hope you feel better soon. I haven't had my op yet but could it be the type of mushy food your eating? I think all the above great advice to get in touch with your team is proberly best. Hope it sorts itself out for you xxx

I'm the same too. Struggled with sicknesses from the start. At your stage I was very much the same and it confused me no end as to why I could eat something one day and then couldn't eat it the next. It's a little more settled now but I think that's because I've actually pinpointed what I have problems with (mainly meat and fish). I still get sick from random other things though and that changes from day to day or week to week....this week it's bananas!

Speak to your team but also don't worry too much x

I would definitely call your team. I had a similar problem and it turned out I had a stenosis and I needed an endoscope and a stretch twice to sort it out.

As for stalls, I'm still having them. I stall for about 4 weeks, lose a bit then stall again.

i had my surgery a week or so later than you and I am a frequent puker too!!
Mine too seems to follow no rhyme or reason but its certainly not pleasant.
Last week I was sick 3 out of 7 days and the week before 4 out of 7 so I'm hoping its reducing cos it really is a horrible feeling.
I drink protein shakes which so far always stay down to make sure I am taking in enough nutrition.
Hope it passes soon x

mmm sounds familiar!
I phoned my team which I SUGGEST YOU DO XX
I had to be rehydrated and had a barium swallow which shows a narrowing at the stomach /intestine join.
I am back on stage 1 and 2 with an occasional teaspoon of 3/4. I t should settle down but if not they will stretch it x
GOOD LUCK X
Shells
x

Back