• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Being sick every day?

Cath860

Has anyone else been sick a lot? I'm four weeks post-op, wasn't sick the first two weeks, but the last two have been grim. The weird thing is I'm being sick on things which I've eaten before perfectly well. It's like try it once - goes down fine. Have it again the next day - back it comes! Is this normal?

My stomach is aching terribly from being so sick and I'm hardly eating at all because I'm afraid of what's going to happen. Sorry to moan, but it's getting me down a bit.

For some yes, our pouches are temperamental things & for us all foods that work one day don't another & vice versa, especially as we introduce new moods & textures in those early days. However having said that I suggest you contact your team for more personal advice as for some it could mean a tightening of the opening/ exit into or out if the pouch. You managed the liquids so I'm sure it's not that bad but as you adding more & more textures towards solids if its to tight then it may be leading to this problem. First they will check what you're eating incase its a reaction to the food etc, about two weeks our I had a sensitivity to cows milk which upset my pouch a couple of weeks on soya substitutes allowed it to settle & I was soon back to cows milk etc. so check things with them first & I'm sure they can help sort you out. Good luck Hun & make sure you keep the fluids up to stop the risk of dehydration.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Just going to agree with Penelope. Unfortunately it is the way for some of us but if you are anything like me there is light at the end of the tunnel. I was terrible sick in the beginning, at least once a day but it eased up around 8 weeks post op lots by the time I was 8 weeks post op and pretty much stopped all together by 12 weeks post op. I now seem only be sick if I take tablets after not eating for a long time but even that is getting less. So hopefully you will ease up soon. As Penelope said keeping on top of your fluid intake is so important, even more with the vomiting so keep an eye on that and if you feel you can't manage at the very least a litre to 1.5 litres a day then I'd have a word with my team or gp. Oh almost forgot to say my gp prescribed me anti sickness for most of the early days. If you haven't tried them yet I would definitely give them a go, help me a lot. Best of luck, hope you are feeling better soon :) x

After reading all the comments on feeling sick its really putting me off
my date is so near 14th oct i am dreading if i get that sick feeling
knowing my luck i will but the one in ten

kay xx

But you might not get it though. Everyone is different. I'm 14 days post op and I have only felt sick once. It was after trying low fat custard. It would be a shame to let an opportunity like this pass you by, on the premise that you might feel sick :)

Paula is right Kay, my surgeon said I was just one of the unlucky ones but lots of people don't get sickness at all or if they do it's when they eat something they shouldn't which is a nice reminder to be good anyway. If you do happen to get some sickness you can get anti sickness injections or tablets too. Like I say I was unlucky with how much I had but I would still have the op again tomorrow if I had too, it's been more than worth it :) x

Oh, i'm the same Shelley Marie, despite feeling grim at times, I've lost 30 lbs so far, wouldn't change having had the op. I think I'm just going to try keeping my fluids up as you and Penelope suggest, and not push a change of texture just yet. Might ask about anti-sickness tablets too, just as a helping hand!

I'm 9 days post op today and (touch wood) have not been sick. However some days I feel more nauseous than others, and then I just don't eat or drink for a couple of hours until I feel a bit better.

Im 2 years post op...
This is my experience and I'll be honest.
I can eat a food one day and I've really enjoyed it and it's gone down a treat.
Then I can have it again and it's made me feel terrible,I'm either sick or feel sick.
Even though I'm 2 years post op,it's still feels like trial and error.
In the early days I was sick a lot and was given sickness tabs from gps.
It has improved a lot,but I do still have good/bad days x

Back