• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sick of eating

janelouise

I all I had my sleeve on the 17 th jan I pop on here every now and then
Like the title says I'm sick to death of trying to eat a meal!!!!! I know the restriction still is there but I dish myself up the size of a ready meal but still can't eat it. Does anyone else have these feelings of not wanting to eat ( which is a mirical on it's own lol) I give up in the end.

yes but im only 15 weeks out of bypass.... sometimes i just cant be boshed to eat, i always start and try to eat as much as possible but give up halfway through. xx

Eating s definately an effort now I'm supposed to be on solid food. I'm not 9 weeks out yet though so maybe it'll get easier. I wish I could stay on soft food. At least I could manage abit of timnned mince, auntie Bessies mash and a teaspoon of mushy peas without this blinking pain!

The trick is smaller meals more often,they say dont snack but its the only way at a certain stage you can get stuff in.You feel as if all you are doing all day is eating and drinking!Stick with it.Maz x

I agree, some days I feel as if all iv done is snack but I just can't sit and eat a full meal and other days I can sit n eat a meal. Stick with it, iv found that it's in my head am so scared of being sick or makin my pouch bigger that I stop short on food, so what iv started to do is have a little break n then carry on rather then bin it n now I can eat a little more.... Still tiny portions but more then 2-3 mouthfuls xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I all I had my sleeve on the 17 th jan I pop on here every now and then
Like the title says I'm sick to death of trying to eat a meal!!!!! I know the restriction still is there but I dish myself up the size of a ready meal but still can't eat it. Does anyone else have these feelings of not wanting to eat ( which is a mirical on it's own lol) I give up in the end.
Yes somedays eating is a chore and can't be bothered.
Can't say I ever feel hungry but do get an awareness that I am empty so to speak, I now try to eat at regular intervals but sometimes its a bit difficult with work so take a fruit or cereal bar snack for mid morning/afternoon.
I also found that if I left too long a gap between eating meals, when I actually did eat I would feel quite uncomfortable and on occasions depending on what I was eating I actually vomitted it back, thankfully its quite rare now as I seem to have got a handle on how to eat sensible size portions and regularly enough to prevent problems.

Its all about finding YOUR balance in everything to do with food.Your amounts,types,timings etc.It does take quite a while to get into the swing of things!

Thanks for this post everyone-your replies are really helpful and reassuring to me-and to my DH who thinks there's something terribly wrong with me if I feel/am stuck/sick. I do go a terrible colour and know it's part and parcel of the RNY but it's so helpful to hear that it takes time to get it right for everyone. I too don't feel hungry but know when I need to refuel if I go too long without food. Now I'm back at work I'm struggling with liquids and realise that they are still more important than food. Just have to see my dark urine and look at the dark bags under my eyes to realise that my kidneys aren't happy right now!

I haven't had it done yet , think i'm a long way off but i hope you feel better soon x

Back