• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constantly Feeling Sick

jay_hl

So I'm nearly 3 weeks sleeve post op, and I'm really struggling.

I need to get more fluids down, but every time I eat or drink, I feel fine to start with (for couple of sips), then feel horribly sick. There are times where I feel so thirsty and hungry yet I cant manage to drink or eat. I've tried taking sips of liquid and pureed food, but I just feel like I'm starving my body of what it asking for. I also haven't lost any weight in the past 10 days, and my suspicion is that's because I'm not eating enough. We have been as low as 300 calories a day.

I still have my fast food cravings that I'm not able to satisfy, business lunches/dinners eating out have become a nightmare and all of this combined is getting me down. For the first time I'm starting to regret having the surgery. I just want my stomach back, and a massive munch on pizza.

Has anyone had similar experiences or feelings?

Jay

Kar8858

I didnt have any sickness and comment on why you feel sick, but all i can advise is that you just sip away. In the first 3 weeks on liquids i was literally sipping all day long and running at around 300 cals. Just take it really slowly but if it continues seek advice from your team. Acid can cause an issue early out so hopefully you have been given an acid tablet.
I miss food a lot, i have a tiny sleeve and cannot enjoy food anymore but your stomach is gone and that is it. The surgery is a life changer but work with what you have got. I dont eat out much now but oh god how i would love a huge big meal with a pudding!!!!!
Take the stages slowly and just put in little amounts as you go...sorry i cant be more positive but at least i am being honest.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the cravings remain, as they've only removed part of your stomach. The head bit is down to you I'm afraid.

The nausea could be from not having enough so try not to let yourself get too hungry.

What sort of things are you having, you mention drinks but also puree?

It could be the temperature of the liquids, some people can't manage really cold or really hot drinks early on. Also that maybe your not quite ready for puree'd.

Its very, very 'normal' to feel full on a teeny tiny amount of puree when you first start but if it does persist or you are worried, get back in touch with your team.

It's also very normal to get what the hell have I done feelings.

I hope you feel better soon xx

SAM55

So I'm nearly 3 weeks sleeve post op, and I'm really struggling.

I need to get more fluids down, but every time I eat or drink, I feel fine to start with (for couple of sips), then feel horribly sick. There are times where I feel so thirsty and hungry yet I cant manage to drink or eat. I've tried taking sips of liquid and pureed food, but I just feel like I'm starving my body of what it asking for. I also haven't lost any weight in the past 10 days, and my suspicion is that's because I'm not eating enough. We have been as low as 300 calories a day.

I still have my fast food cravings that I'm not able to satisfy, business lunches/dinners eating out have become a nightmare and all of this combined is getting me down. For the first time I'm starting to regret having the surgery. I just want my stomach back, and a massive munch on pizza.

Has anyone had similar experiences or feelings?

Jay
Have a read of @Louisex21 's post as she has been suffering from feeling sick post op. There may be some answers in there..Have you spoken to any of your team about it?

I didn't attempt eating out for some time, at least until I had mastered eating in! :) It will take some time to adjust.

Louisex21

I felt like this and it is head hunger but it does ease I promise I'm only 6 week post op myself and felt so ill and constantly being sick it's only been past 2 days I have been able to eat a egg and suffered with horrific pain when I was drinking your still early but it will ease I to had the same feeling but I'm on strong acid reflux meds domperidone to empty my stomach quicker and some strong anti sick and some tablet to help speed up my digestive system as it showed I'm not digesting like I should. I've lost 6 stone in 6 weeks and only 2 and a half stone off my 12 stone target weight but everyone is different even tho I am happy I've lost it it's still not healthy to lose it this fast sometimes I cry because I can't eat what I use to but that's why I was overweight this surgery might help your physical issues but not your deep seeded ones and it is difficult to change your behaviour towards food. Hope you all the best and if you ever need a chat your more than welcome to message me. Plus try ice and ice lolly it's helped me get this far xx