• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't cope with evening meal :(

Jacwat

Hi everyone

9 weeks post sleeve now and all going well until I get to my evening meal each day. I can tolerate breakfast and lunch with no problems but it seems in the last couple of weeks I get a horrible pain in my chest after eating m evening meal and I am quite often sick, which is not fun with a sleeve. I am trying to eat the correct food. Tonight I had steamed salmon fillet and steamed veg and I was still sick. The pain is horrible!
Help!!! Does anyone else find this or does anyone have any ideas / advice?
Feeling upset :cry::cry::cry:

Thanks
Jackie
xxx

I had a bypass not a sleeve and I'm 20 months out and I still struggle with my evening meal, not sure why but brekkie and lunch i can eat more than I can on an evening!

I had a bypass not a sleeve and I'm 20 months out and I still struggle with my evening meal, not sure why but brekkie and lunch i can eat more than I can on an evening!

oh really? I wonder why? I am reassured that I am not the only one though. How long does it take you to eat a average meal?
Thanks for your reply
x

Don't worry I had exactly the same! I had a few sick episodes..two things that I found and that was my stomach tightened as the day went on and the amount of food. Even now I would struggle to eat fish and veg..I would only be able to eat a small anoint of salmon, about the size of a Milky Way would be an estimate..and then I would be full. No room for veg! Eat less and slowly the sicky foamy is too much food. Some can eat more don't worry just eat what you can! At your stage I was eating fish in sauce that you microwave, I could eat about half of the portion, nothing with it just the fish. That will give you an idea of when you might need to stop.

Don't worry I had exactly the same! I had a few sick episodes..two things that I found and that was my stomach tightened as the day went on and the amount of food. Even now I would struggle to eat fish and veg..I would only be able to eat a small anoint of salmon, about the size of a Milky Way would be an estimate..and then I would be full. No room for veg! Eat less and slowly the sicky foamy is too much food. Some can eat more don't worry just eat what you can! At your stage I was eating fish in sauce that you microwave, I could eat about half of the portion, nothing with it just the fish. That will give you an idea of when you might need to stop.

That's really helpful Karina. I managed about a half of the salmon fillet and a floret of cauliflower. It is so strange but I think your right about the sleeve tightening over the day. I feel like it is one step forward 2 back at the minute!
Thanks again Karina and don't ever leave this site!!! ha ha xxxxx

oh really? I wonder why? I am reassured that I am not the only one though. How long does it take you to eat a average meal?
Thanks for your reply
x

I never eat for long as I get full quickly even though I'm 20 months out and I've lost over 12 and a half st I'm still losing slowly tonights evening meal was 1/4 of a chicken keiv about 2 teaspoons of sweetcorn and the same of peas

I never eat for long as I get full quickly even though I'm 20 months out and I've lost over 12 and a half st I'm still losing slowly tonights evening meal was 1/4 of a chicken keiv about 2 teaspoons of sweetcorn and the same of peas

Thanks I think I am trying to eat too much. Been focussing on getting calorie intake up. Need to just listen to my body don't I? Well done on your weight loss, amazing! x

Try eating smaller more regular amounts, I have to but it's only from trial and error. Don't worry...here's an example..get a lunchables pack and see how long that takes to get through..even now it takes me an hour to eat the pack! That's a year out. I have breakfast early, say 6am and then every 3 hours have my danio yoghurts, 9/12/3pm, then tea about 5pm then a hot chocolate about 7pm. I get my fluid on between the yoghurts!! Otherwise I would get my protein in!
Take it easy and be glad you have good restriction!!

I'm 5 yrs out and every day is different when it comes to eating.
One day a food can agree..the next time it can make me SOO sick.
I think I'm just been a bit unlucky with my op..it's been 5 years of hard work.

I guess we all react differently to food. Some days I have a lot of restriction, some not. Usually meat protein fills me up pretty quickly but Karina, I can eat a whole lunchables in 20 minutes. I do try to eat slowly and chew well and long.
I guess the recommendation to eat small and often is best, especially when it comes to getting those protein in.
Good luck.

Back