• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Silica 2500 plus

Caroline101061

Hi Y'all

I have been taking Silica 2500mg Plus as a vitamin supplement from 4 weeks pre surgery in the hopes that my hair would not fall out post surgery. I had to stop taking it immediately post surgery for 8 weeks as the pills were far too big to swallow but started again as soon as I could.

Im now 5 1/2 months post surgery and am thrilled and relieved to report that thus far (touch wood), all my hair is still on my head and my hairdresser remarked on Saturday that my hair was in extremely good condition (it shouldnt be as I perm and colour it regularly). So for me, Silica works.

A bottle of 100 pills costs around £15.00 from any decent healthfood shop but I think its money well spent - just wanted to share this!

Thanks for telling us about this. I am so worried about my hair and this makes me feel better about it all.

Just wanted to remind you all the only 10% of people who have surgery notice hairloss, this stat was quoted by my surgeon Dr. Ammori in my discharge letter and I tend to believe anything he says. So you may be in the 90% that doesn't have loss. Don't let it worry you!

I did experience hairloss which started at about 3-4 months post op and has now stopped. I never for one second had a bald patch, had anyone notice the loss or could even really tell except for the extra strands in my brush and in the shower drain. I was all prepared for it to be slightly tragic as I was a bit hair proud if you know what I mean. I was sure I would be in that 10% because when I was bed-ridden a few years ago I lost so much hair and cried about it as if I lost a limb or something. So I would never downplay it to you peeps that are worried. But I promise it will be okay and there is a very good chance you may be in the lucky 90% who see little or no loss.

Nic:D

Thanks for that phatgirl. I didn't know that. That makes me feel much better.

Thanks from me too, I also worry about hairloss! Lost quite a lot after each of my pregnancies but like you said Nic it wasn't in patches or anything I just noticed it when I was brushing it. Hopefully if I do lose any it will be the same as this.

And if it does fall out big time, it'll be off to the hairdressers for a drastic haircut for me! :eek::D

Cuppacocoa xx

Back