• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Silica 2500 - hair re-growth?

LizzieBee

Loving being a loser!
Dear guys and gals

I am now 4 months post op and have been taking Silica 2500 for approximately two weeks. I was wondering if anyone else had started taking this once the hair loss had started in earnest. If so, how long did it take for the hair loss to stop and re-growth to occur?

Fingers crossed someone can help - my hair is very thin now and I need a little hope! :D:D

I'm in the same position as Lizzie so am eager for any feedback on Silica too.My bushhead is now much thinner and manageable but am worried about going too thin:eek::eek:

It doesn't look like anyone knows much though, Sal :-(

Lx

Sorry Ladies, I cant answer this one as you are both ahead of me.

I have noticed that Ive started to shed hair now though, so will be keeping a close eye on things.

I have heard that the silica is the best thing to take but as for how quickly it starts to work I'm afraid I dont know.

I would also like to know how helpful Silica 2500 with hairloss is and if it would be worthwhile starting to take it prior to having surgery?

Morning ladies sorry only just getting to grips with the new site or would have popped in sooner.

My hair loss started very early at 6 weeks and continued to 7 months. I had a lot of hair and although it came out fast it is still OK, just much thinner. I took Selenium and Nourikin, don't know how much they helped as it still came out but its in great condition. It effects every one differently as to when or even if they loose hair but 3-6 months of loss seems average from the forums I visit and its not a total loss or anywhere near that for all the people I've seen posting.

Hope that helps

M

hiya

Started taking silica 2 weeks prior to surgery and then 8 weeks post surgery and have lost no more hair than usual - my hair is also in better condition according to my hairdresser. If you are losing your hair, it will grow back at the normal rate (1/2 inch a month I think). Dont know how long the shedding lasts - possibly about a month. Hope this helps. BTW you can also get it in liquid form if pills are too hard to swallow.

Morning ladies sorry only just getting to grips with the new site or would have popped in sooner.

My hair loss started very early at 6 weeks and continued to 7 months. I had a lot of hair and although it came out fast it is still OK, just much thinner. I took Selenium and Nourikin, don't know how much they helped as it still came out but its in great condition. It effects every one differently as to when or even if they loose hair but 3-6 months of loss seems average from the forums I visit and its not a total loss or anywhere near that for all the people I've seen posting.

Hope that helps

M

Thanks, that does ease my worries slightly - my hair is really coming out and certainly don't have another 4 months worth to lose at this rate. I am thinking that if it's going to come out then it will and there's not much i can do about it.
Oh well! Still wouldn't change a thing about my op though!

hiya

Started taking silica 2 weeks prior to surgery and then 8 weeks post surgery and have lost no more hair than usual - my hair is also in better condition according to my hairdresser. If you are losing your hair, it will grow back at the normal rate (1/2 inch a month I think). Dont know how long the shedding lasts - possibly about a month. Hope this helps. BTW you can also get it in liquid form if pills are too hard to swallow.

Thanks, Caroline, you have been my Silica oracle. I am managing the pills in halves just wanted an instant result - note to self: be patient!

Lx

LOL Lizzie - only instant result would be a wig!

No joke, Caroline - it has been considered but I am assured that I am being premature - but it's on the Christmas list!

Lx

well its an instant change of image to make you feel different - get a blonde one or a red one! You wont need it - this will stop and it will grow back unlike your weight!

I hear that, Caroline! I am loving the lbs gone! Not going to worry about the hair... too much... yet....

Lx

I would have been distraught if it had happened to me so I do understand. When women who are fighting cancer lose their hair, they often say that the trauma of that is worse than the cancer itself. Get yourself a fab glamorous wig to play with or some clip in hair extensions.

Back