• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

six months post op- daily intake?

As you may see from the main board I have gained weight this week and seriously looking at why and need to turn this around. I dont eat junk but I eating more lately cos I can although still healthy food and protein etc.

For those of you that are six months or more post op with loads of weight left to lose, do you mind me asking what you estimated calorie intake is and are you losing on that amount.

Hi,

I'm 10 months post op (bypass) and I'm losing really slowly too. Maybe in the last 2 months I've lost just under a stone and it is really frustrating. Its partly because like you I can eat more in one go now but also I started having 4 or 5 tiny meals and now I'm having 4 or 5 bigger meals a day and finding it hard to stop grazing.

Anyway to answer your question I think I'm having around 1500 calories per day and I am losing between 1 and 2lbs per week and I want to lose another 60lbs yet. How does this compare to you?

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I'm 10 months post op (bypass) and I'm losing really slowly too. Maybe in the last 2 months I've lost just under a stone and it is really frustrating. Its partly because like you I can eat more in one go now but also I started having 4 or 5 tiny meals and now I'm having 4 or 5 bigger meals a day and finding it hard to stop grazing.

Anyway to answer your question I think I'm having around 1500 calories per day and I am losing between 1 and 2lbs per week and I want to lose another 60lbs yet. How does this compare to you?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this and apologies for not responding sooner but I dont get on here as much as I would like.

My calorie intake is on average 1300/1490. I say 1490 as I am so far determined not to go about the 1500. Once I get to the evening if I have only 1300 or so I will have a yogurt but if it takes me over the 1500 then I wont have it. I think my recent gain has been because I wasnt counting and keeping track like I normally do and I guess i might have been eating more.

your weight loss of 1-2 pound a week so ideal.

I am just 6 months yesterday and my intake has not changed much in the last 3 months.
Daily intake for me is normally
Yakult drinking yogurt, glass of fruit juice and i slice granery toast for Breakfast
Cup of tea mid morning
Lunch Varies but normally Krispbread x 3 soft cheese/magerine, 2 x babybell and handfull of grapes
Dinner would be sheppards pie, fish in parsley sauce, chicken in sauce.
Supper friut and krisprolls x 3
I drink about 2 litres of squash each day
I dont worry about calories.
Hope this helps
B

Back