• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep studies anyone?

amysbypass

Hi all!
Has anyone had sleep studies?
I kind of know a little about it but not much.
Has anyone had sleep studies that wouldn't mind telling me about their experience?
Like what to expect?
How long for results?
etc etc.......?
Having mine next wednesday 6th of may. Just would like to know what is going to happen? Thanks everyone in advance. ((Hugs)).

Amy mine is Tuesday 5/5

Hi amy
i had a sleep apnea test done. Basically i attended the hospital and was given a device that had a strap that went round my chest and sat between my boobs. It had a nasal cannula attached to it that loops round yr ears and sits just inside yr nose and a blood oxygen moniter that attatches to yr finger. once ready for bed i had to press a button to switch it on and then once awake in the morning press it again to switch it off. i had no difficulty sleeping with it on. I then had to return it to the hospital the following morning.
got the results about 10 days later.
HTH
carole

I had sleep tests not sure if its the same. I was hooked up to a small machine that I slept in over night (in my own bed) returning the maching the next morning. Got my results about 10 days later which showed I had mild sleep apnea which was enough for the PCT to award me funding for surgery. The sleep apnea was the first thing to be cured once I started to loose weight....xx

hi Amy ... are you going in to stay or taking it home ..

cause whittington do both ..

i brought mine home .

you don't have to touch anything on it .. u go in at 8 at night have it attached to you over the top of a tshirt or something you can sleep in and the woman puts 2 straps around you and attached a part to finger .. and the air tube just sits around Ur neck .. till you get home and then put it on ..

and you sleep in it and when u wake just take it off and put in bag she gives you and take it back to level 3 and thats it ...

its easy ..

DSC01010.jpg

I was also wondering what was involved.
I'm having mine done on 24 May.

Thanks everyone!

Brett, yes i am taking it home too! How long does it take for results from the whit? Thanks hun. X

got mine in 2 days they called me and told me .. you will be called by newzeland girl called sue .. or lung function manager Cathy Hammond .. there both lovely

i had sleep ap i was waking 37-50 times and hr with out knowing .. i now sleep with a machine to help me breath but never put hold on operation so don't worry about it . and i sleep better then even now.

Brett

Did they say weight loss would improve it? I am convinced that my OH has it (my mum has it too so I recognise the symptoms) but he wont visit the doc's!

Maz x

Thanks again Brett!! Thats a relief as i have an appt with dr heath on the 11th and i wanted everything done by then. With any luck my funding app should have been sent off by then too! Lorna told me my pct have promised to turn my funding around in 2-3weeks. So hopefully not too log now! How is the polish diet going? X

well i had to do the 2 week slim fast diet.. and 2 ltrs of water a day or clear fluids. soup oxo etc ..

but after day 4 i fainted i was ill .. i never got round to having 5 a day and water i was only having 2-3 a day and then i fainted.

was awful i had stomach pain like never before i couldn't breath and my eyes where roiling around and i was white as a sheet.

so i had to eat something i had half chicken breast.. and since i have been having 2 slim fast a day and weight watchers soup. and i had salad last night.

i don't think it will kill me doing it that way.. cause i was so scared of it happening again to me. after all i was on around 3000 Cal's a day before the diet..

so i must be shrinking on what im on ;o)

OMG! Are you ok? I'm sure what you are eating now wont harm you. Did you call the hosp? If so, what did they say?

Brett

Did they say weight loss would improve it? I am convinced that my OH has it (my mum has it too so I recognise the symptoms) but he wont visit the doc's!

Maz x

for sure ... when i loose weight they said my sleep pattern should change loads and back to normal hopefully ..... they said my weight is an issue and thats how most people get funding for surgery on nhs if you have sleep ap ... x

i havent spoke to anyone at hospital as yet hun .. but spoke to a few who go there and they have been ok doing same .. trying to get through to kirsten to ask if im ok x

OMG! Are you ok? I'm sure what you are eating now wont harm you. Did you call the hosp? If so, what did they say?

spoke to hospital .. they said its fine im having the weight watchers soup .. there just scared im not getting enough .. and i thought i was doing to much lol ..

told me to make up with 2 slim fast a day and maybe a small evening meal .. small piece of meat and some veg and minimal carbs.. 2 lts of water and a soup if i like ..

but to fit in more slimfasts if possible or slimfast bar..

so im doing good i haven't had anything i shouldn't !!

Been on a CPAP for over two and a half years. 3 months post-op, 6 stone down and I'm still using it :( Have tried not using it a couple of times but feel like death warmed up in he morning without it heh.

hi Amy ... are you going in to stay or taking it home ..

cause whittington do both ..

i brought mine home .

you don't have to touch anything on it .. u go in at 8 at night have it attached to you over the top of a tshirt or something you can sleep in and the woman puts 2 straps around you and attached a part to finger .. and the air tube just sits around Ur neck .. till you get home and then put it on ..

and you sleep in it and when u wake just take it off and put in bag she gives you and take it back to level 3 and thats it ...

its easy ..

DSC01010.jpg

Hi
I did a home sleep apnea test at home but the machine doesnt look like Bretts . I had to go to Belfast on the Friday get the machine
and take it back on the Monday . But the machine was like a large clock radio lets say it didnt have a strap that went arond you or the thing you put on your nose .
Just a velco thing that went on my finger .
MARGARET XX

Mine was the exact same one Brett had! This is because we are both under same hospital and they only have one machine! LOL!!

Back