• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve gastrectomy at Homerton

tudorgirl

Hi,

I'm having a sleeve gasrectomy on 26th January at the Homerton Hospital in London.

Anyone else on the list that day or been a patient in there for this type of surgery; would love to make contact?

I've had the sleeve over 5 months ago so if there is anything you want to ask, let me know, I'll try and help :D

Thanks, How are you doing; started on puréed foods yet? Are you missing anything? Was the surgery painful?

Thanks, You have done so well. Has it been easy adjusting to the quick weight loss?

I've found it very easy so far. The op wasn't so much painful, as uncomfortable. Trying to get comfy and sleep was hard. I was at my parents for 3 weeks so was well looked after.

What still is strange is when you go shopping. You buy this, that and t'other and you end up throwing that and t'other away as 'this' is enough to last you for a week!!

I've probably been over protective on my needs, no sweet things or fatty things EVER, since 20th June. But the results speak for themselves!

You end up doing crazy things because you can! Like last night, I went out for a 4 mile walk in the snow because I'd had a lazy day and I felt I'd cheated myself and not done enough exercise!

Im on pureed foods 24 hours after the op... now with occasional bulky things in it like a bread stick, or fish i can really fork mash down.
I found that i was in pain coming round from the surgery and again all of that day but it was kept under control, the next day i was on just paracetamol for it.
as for missing stuff its not what i thought i,d miss pre op i loved chocolate and sweet stuff, but now im craving meat, like burgers freid chicken etc, but it hasnt lasted long,
ive not been sick yet with food but have experienced dumping once but again it didnt last long...
I also thought i,d miss wine and with it been xmas and all but i dont ribena very light is still my fave drink!
have a read of my diary for my day in hospital x

Back