• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting sleeved in 2 weeks!

rosysdream

Hi all, I'm having surgery for the sleeve gastrectomy on the 26th January at Derby. How did you all get on with surgery, and the diet after surgery?

Kar8858

Hi and welcome, I had a sleeve in August. The surgery was fine, I was a bit sore the first few days, I didnt use any painkillers at all so gives you an idea of pain levels. I was tender.
Make sure you take it easy for several weeks afterwards..you will be tired and lacking energy.

I did 3 weeks liquids, the main issue was getting enough in throughout the day, it was sip sip sip.
Then I had 3 weeks puree, that was the worst bit, blended food it vile..i stuck with danio yoghurts, fish in sauce, cottage pie, weetabix, thick soup like carrot and coriander, oh and beans with mini sausages.
I then moved on to solids.

I have been really pleased so far..every day I still think about what I will eat but food doesnt take over now.

Good luck you will be fine..just do as they tell you.

kirstyjade

Hi all, I'm having surgery for the sleeve gastrectomy on the 26th January at Derby. How did you all get on with surgery, and the diet after surgery?
hi rosysdream I'm on the waiting list at derby can you tell me how long you waited from being put on the list to getting a date for surgery?
Good luck for the 26th :)

rosysdream

thanks Kar8858, thats really useful stuff! yeh blended food is something i'm not looking forward to haha! i don't eat a lot of meat so i'm trying to find things with chicken or fish in that won't be too bad blended.

hi kirstyjade! it didn't take long for me i don't think, i was on the waiting list for about 1-2 months (oct/nov) and received my date for surgery early december. how long have you been on the waiting list?

Ladylou30

Really useful Kar thankyou :) must admit I am concerned about recovery time with two young kids!! Anyone else had surgery with a 1 and 4 yr old and husband that (so far) is not supportive of surgery??