• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve to Bypass Revision

Rottiemum

Hi

I am considering have my sleeve revised into the RNY. Has anyone here had it done? If so, can I ask what your weight loss has been like? Pain levels? Post-op dizziness?

Thanks

Hi

I am considering have my sleeve revised into the RNY. Has anyone here had it done? If so, can I ask what your weight loss has been like? Pain levels? Post-op dizziness?

Thanks

I am about to do this, well the surgery is tomorrow. I have had a catalogue of complications with my Sleeve but have list 11 stone and actually need to gain weight now.

My dietician told me that in his experience those who go on to have the bypass usually experience a weight plateaus, or a gain as they no long have the valve at the bottom of the stomach that regulates how fast (or slow) food enters the rest of the digestive system. They now have a Stoma that is always open and so they can eat more.

That being said Jaywill (a member of the forum) says she can eat more but really does eat healthy foods and watches her portions. I think it's down to use my love.

Hi there

Yes, I have had a look at revision surgery forum but could only see band to bypass revisions but not sleeve to rny??

Hi Rottiemum,

I've had a sleeve to bypass revision on 2nd December 2014, a week ago nearly.
It was always planned to have two ops. Had my sleeve august 2013 and lost nearly 10 stone since then.
Bypass was combined with gall bladder removal due to problems caused by weight loss.
I can say that my second op was a lot more difficult than my first, but that be because if the gall bladder too.
Being only a week out I'm on the road to recovery but I'm not there yet.
Sue

Back