• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I really need help and advice regarding sleeve to bypass revision

xxyoubeautyxx

Hi everyone
In brief, I had a band, it slipped so I had it removed. Then I saved to have a sleeve which was almost 3 years ago, from my lowest weight, I've now gained 40lbs.
I'm considering a sleeve to bypass revision.
Any advice? Anyone done it?
I'm meant to be having it done at the end of July, it's a lot of money and I just don't want to throw the money down the drain if there is little information to support it.
I've Google loads but can't seem to come up with stuff
Thanks
Tracie

Kar8858

Hi...
Firstly I would look at why you have gained the weight back..is it the type of food or the quantity?
If you have gained then the bypass may not be the answer either, I read peole here and elsewhere gain weight years out with a bypass too. It might be surgery that still won't deliver long term weight loss and maintenance.
Good luck with it...
Maybe go back to basics and log here for some good support x

Caroline jess

Have you had tests to see if the pouch opening has stretched? Can you eat a large portion or are you snacking on high calorie food throughout the day? Have you tried going back to basics, starting with the five day pouch test first and really recommitting to the rules I.e high protein, three meals per day no drinking before/after food etc. Have you asked yourself seriously wether it's you or a problem with your surgery that has led to this?
If it's the surgery I know in the US they can make the sleeve opening smaller again, but maybe a bypass is the answer if you have addressed all the other issues.
Please keep us updated

violetangel

Wishing you all the best. Please let us know how you get on. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery