• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slim in 6 ~ anyone used?

top_kat

I keep getting told by the gym that Im going too often and that it really should only be 3 times a week.

So, I've decided that along with walking the dogs, that on the days I don't go to the gym, I want to do something at home. I have a cross trainer, unfortunately the angle of my knee on the ski bits is too uncomfortable and painful so I'm getting rid of it.

I've just brought with a no quibble money back guarantee Slim in 6, it follows a very similar principle to what I do at the Ladyzone gym in terms of the exercises being created to burn calories and fat but not at this point to build muscle. I'm going to give it a go to see how it goes, and then if I dont find it helping will get my money back . . .

Just wondering if anyone else has tried it and if so what you thought?

Are you only allowed to go a certain amount of times for your membership? If not I'd go as often as you can manage, although one rest day is a good idea. It does help to mix things up so walking one day and gym the next is good but when I'm on my game I go more than 3 times a week. Can't comment on the slim in 6 thing though but just wanted to say if you allowed too, and you want too, then go to the gym. If you enjoy it, then that is fantastic and you don't need anyone telling you not to go :D x

Im not limited by my membership, but the way the circuit works, they say that 3 times a week is enough and that doing more than that can take away from the benefits from it apparently. Its not as if I go every day, they close sundays and I can rarely do saturdays.

As it is, I hurt my knee getting out of the car this evening so doubt if I will make it for a couple of days :(

Well I would just go as much as you want and feel able too. I'm no expert but I don't think there is a limit to any exercise as long as you aren't pushing yourself too far. If you are feeling pain then maybe 3 times is enough. I understand I'm suffering with my knees a lot too but I know people who work out 6 days a week no problem. I think it's just about finding what is comfortable for you, you don't want to be in pain as when you do work out it's harder to get the full benefit :) x

One night when I couldnt sleep I saw this program for slim in 6 and it did get my interest as well. There wasnt much info on their website, so I havent pursued it. But I go to the gym every day so Im not sure that I would have the energy to do more at home.

Would be very interested in hearing your progress with it.

I will let you know, its being shipped out :)

As I say, pulled muscle in my knee so I can't hit the gym or this when it arrives, but Im hoping that it will also give me something to do. In the evenings at home (I have to be at home because of my DS) so am thinking it will be something that will get me moving and really getting things going :)

I will update when it arrives and when I get started :D I want to lose a couple of more stone before I will even contemplate swimming (my pet hate lol)

Actually you really should give the body a days rest between workouts. Exercise damages the muscles and tendons even with proper stretching. The damage is minor and heals within a day, but its why many people take a protein shake after a workout for recovery. Us wls'er are particularly at risk as our bodies are under incredible strain with the rapidly changing weights, both the damage caused by our previous weights and the rapid drop now.

Remember that it doesn't have to hurt the next day to be a good workout.

Thank you

Remember that it doesn't have to hurt the next day to be a good workout.

Yes I know, I don't want it or need it to hurt. But I do want to get some additional forms of exercise going on my non gym days, things apart from the walking and which I can do when I'm stuck at home :)

I totally understand :) I do two days at the gym, one day swimming and one day I use the wii fit/kinect. I'm not a walker, not willingly anyway! I don't entirely follow my own advice, but I do enjoy the variety of things I do. I also have a job where I am on my feet for six hours in the day so that helps too.

I have to walk cos of the dogs LOL they wouldn't let me get away with that! Thankfully now the rains eased we can get back to longer walks (when my knee allows :( )

I wish I felt comfortable in going swimming . . .another couple of stone off and then I may venture along with my son . . .he loves it. I HATE it lol

I wouldn't say I'm comfortable - just blind without my glasses. And to be fair there are all shapes and sizes in the pool.

I know and I think if there was a pool at the gym I use I probably wouldn't feel so bad.

Still, I've dropped 4 dress sizes, am hoping to get rid of at least another one heading into the new year. Perhaps I will hit it then :)

Fingers crossed - I know how daunting that first time is as I did it preop!

i had to stop going to the gym on doctor advise i was going 4 times a week only doing bike, walker, swimming and a bit on rowing machine i can't do weight ones because of my rheumatoid arthiritis any way he told me i was pushing myself too hard and the aneamia was not getting sorted out and i was very weak etc, he said due to the rapid weight loss my body was finding it hard to cope and can't settle to any regime as it is changing so fast , I hope that made sense i knew what i meant but i still try to walk the dogs as much as i can because that is less energetic but after my op last week not doing anything at the moment :( just about managing to get up and down stairs ok xx

Hi Angie, it makes perfect sense. I have had to stop for the past two weeks because I have been swamped with work and just plain exhausted. Now normally would make myself go, but bit wary of driving too tired.

i must admit can't wait to start the vit b12 injections :) a boost of energy is just the thing i need at the moment xx

Not tried Slim in 6 but quite enjoy Jillian Michael's dvds.

Back