• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calling the "ladyzone" gym tomorrow . . .

top_kat

I have considered getting a treadmill etc at home, but have decided that because I have such little personal support on this weight loss journey that I actually want to be able to interact with other people.

Some days, apart from the people I work with, I don't see or speak to another adult, I find that I work, come home, do all of the stuff here and don't have any "me" time. I used to be a member at the local Virgin Active gym and my son used to go to the kids things there too, but I struggle trying to find the time to go.

In our town we have a specific ladies gym called "ladyzone", it is based around a specific 30 minute workout where you are guided around. It is a "no mirror" environment too, so I've decided that in the morning I am going to phone to make my booking for a free trial and to sign up.

Its much cheaper than a normal gym, but it will give me the chance to interact, and only a 30 min workout is something I will even be able to fit in before work now that my son is at Senior school and leaving earlier. I will also be able to fit it in on the way home (I almost drive past it) and 30 mins wont take up much time.

So . . .going to see how it goes. The last "big call" I made was for my consultation for my band . . .this will be the next one. Although Im fitting in about an hours walking a day, I want to do more in terms of the fitness, and in the longer term "toning" too.

I know there's a couple of ladyzones in Sheffield would love to know if anyone has any experiences of it . . .(also manchester, bristol, Kent) . . .

:woohoo:

good for you kat. good luck with it :) x

Hi ya, we have a 'lady zone' here in Orpington. I called to join them before I got my op date, but then couldn't go to the induction, but desparately want to join, so I think I am going to make that call too, when I get back from hols. Good luck with your call, please,let me know how you get on.
Xxx

Yeah you go for it kat, its good to do something like that, you have started by walking and then progressing to bit stronger exercise and toning, just what you need. They will help advise you at your induction what would be best for you to do. I haven't been to the ladyzone but have had about 5 inductions at gyms and luckily I have always had good sound advice, I am very good at remember exercises as well so often create my own when at home watching tv. I also have a pilates ball, which, you can bounce up and down on whilt watching tv, i like to see how high i can get off the ball, it does have an exercise sheet with it and toning band they have a canny range at Argos all under £20, well worth it and do help yiu tone as you lose. Enjoy whatever exercise you do its a means to an end, sometimes when you are feeling tired and deflated put on your i pod and get exercising i always feel brighter after a good session. Good luck n enjoy xx

Hi Top_Kat,
In May I joined "Gymophobics" which sounds identical - 30 minute circuit, no mirrors or Lycra hot pants etc. I really enjoy going now. Women of all ages, shapes and sizes.

Good luck with the call, you will be fitter, more toned and making new friends in no time. I have to give at least an hour for the 30 minute sessions now because we all catch up over a skinny latte!

Well done Kat that's brilliant, I am thinking of doing the gym thing too, it's scares me but just don't think I cam do this alone, my motivation is really low xx

I loved going to the gym before (we used to go to the Virgin Active gym) my son had swimming lessons there and things and I used to hit the gym, but I was also 3 stone lighter than I am now. I dont have the time to give to going to that sort of gym so thought a 30 min workout would be much better to fit in, still doing the walking (the dogs wouldn't let me get away with that lol).

But, I thought it would be a great way of getting in touch with new friends too, especially as my son gets older I actually realise that I don't have that much support irl and my friends aren't local.

well I've called and while I was hoping to get in sooner, I've got an appointment booked for my free trial/induction sign up on Thursday at 4pm :woohoo:

Today is the day. Im feeling quite nervous about going, hate the thought of being weighed and measured while Im still as heavy as I am. BLEGH!

Well done Kat! Once you get started the improvements will spur you on and you'll look forward to seeing the weight drop off.

Good for you!

Well I went.

It is a very small place because you only have the 10 workstations that you work around in your 30 mins. So there are alternating machines which work on legs and then arms and two free stations which they tailor to what you want to work on.

Its in an old chapel so you are very much on top of each other, but when I went in yesterday at 4pm there was only 2 people in there, she said its busier first thing after the school run, but I shall be at work.

Downside is, they don't open before 9am, so my hope of going before work doesn't fit.

Its also more expensive than some of the gyms we have around here which some are only £14.99 per month for unlimited use, however, I don't know if I have the time for that.

So I've joined up and have my full induction on monday, where they then take measurements etc. But the girl I found rather patronising and unfortunately she is going to be the one who is taking me on monday.

I've got 10 days to change my mind if I wish and will get all my money back, but to pay month by month makes it £6 more expensive per month, but am wondering whether I may change over to that just to see how it goes and then upgrade to an annual if its right.

Torn as to know what to do . . .she didn't make me feel particularly comfortable. But, its women only, no mirrors and there's also a kitchen and lounge area where you can sit, have tea and chat, so in that way, it may be more sociable which for me, would be nice.

I dont know, I didnt leave feeling as inspired as when I went in.

Well I had my induction . . .which went better than the initial meeting, hit the machines, signed up for a gym challenge to have a minimum of 3 visits for 6 weeks.

I went 4 times last week (they close sundays!) ~ I even went on my birthday after I had my fill and first thing on saturday morning :)

I hit the gym 4 times last week and went yesterday too . . .going again today :D

I'm loving how it fits in with my schedule altho a shame I cant go before work, I get round the circuit and always feel like I could go around it again . . .

So, its going well and even after 5 sessions I'm already seeing a steady increase in the amount of reps and also the intensity of the exercise increasing on the bike/cross trainer . . .

Im really enjoying going and it will be interesting to see the results at my 8 week follow up and measure :) still doing the daily dog walks too, and hoping to increase these some too!

Back