• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sloppys after fills, how important ?

BandyEmm

Hey all im just wondering how important it is to have sloppys and mushys for a few days after band fills?

I only read online about having mushys after fills no one told me so the fills what i have had so far i just had normal food after cos i didnt know any different.

Could have this stratched the band at all?

Just wondering if this could be causing me to have slow ....... very slow weight loss ?

Cheers me dears x

I have to do liquids for 24 hours and then go back to normal but take it easy.

I am surprised that you were not told...I dunno some providers are so useless in giving out important info..:rolleyes:

I would not think you have done any damage to the band, it cannot be stretched but you can stretch the pouch a little above it.

Do you not feel a tightness after a fill? It does sound like you may not have that much restriction yet, so this is why your loss is slow. I would have a long chat with provider and tell them you are struggling and need more help.

I only know this after attending the recent sessions but in Sheffield they advise you to start again from scratch. Sloppy, soft, crunchy!

hey Caz, I havent really been told much, tbh, i think thats why im kinda in limbo. I feel a slight bit of tightness but within less then 24 hours its gone. I am eating less then 8mths ago but still not how i expected things to pan out. maybe when i have more restriction it will be better.
How many mls do you have in your band hun ? x

Thanks Mixman, i have a fill on Monday so least this time i will no x

Apparently I have a 9ml band with 5.25mls in it...well that was what last fill took me up to.

I eat so little compared to what I used to demolish.

I eat less than some of my "skinny" friends so why aren't I? LOL

I had a fill Monday this week after my port revison and I was told by the surgeon (every provider is different)3 days liquids, 3 days slops and then gradually introduce more solids but too take it very easy and listen / feel wot my pouch is telling me , I will let u know on Monday if I have lost any weight at all, I hope so as I have not lost none for almost 7 weeks now, even tho I am chuffed I have lost a stone (14lbs was lost in first 3 weeks, & I will be 10 weeks post op this Monday) I just want things too move in the right direction. All the best for Monday xx Julie xx

Hi Em

I have to do the same as Julie, 3 days liquid, 3 sloppies then gradually normal foods.

It gives the pouch a chance to get used to the new tightness plus its a chance for us to gradually test it out.

Good luck with your next fill x

Back