• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCT have agreed to fund future band fills

Mynewlife

Hiya all

just an update on a previous thread that I posted on. I had mentioned that I had had my band done privately because I did not meet the NICE guidelines. When I went back to see the consultant at the NHS Obesity Group and told him that I had had the band fitted privately, he was really fine about it. I asked him at that point if they (the obesity group that I have been under) would do the band fills because I had skrimped and scraped to get the funds together for the basic surgery with no aftercare, and as they have a doctor on staff who does the band fills for the patients who have qualified for the NICE Guidelines and had the band fitted on the NHS, could I have my band fills done through them? My consultant said that the doctor on staff who does the band fills only does them for the NHS banded patients but he would ask. I was not very hopeful, and when I mentioned it on this site, some of the respondents who responded said that they doubted I would get it on the NHS as I had had the surgery done privately and they wouldnt want to touch me. I have actually paid for three band fills privately and had just given up that I would get a response, and figured that I would have to shell out my own money. Long story I know, but I got a call from my doctor's secretary today and she said that my doctor has received a letter about me and she read it out over the phone, and my PCT HAS agreed to fund my "Gastric Band Inflations", can you believe it????? I am still in shock that they have said yes. I thought I would let you all know, because they will treat those of us that have had this done privately, but you have to ask ask ask, there is hope. I am just so happy, I dont have this kind of luck, but I think god must have been smiling on me today.

thanks

MyNewLife:bliss::bliss::bliss:

thats great news, i know a few people on here have tried for this and got the usual response of NO!! thats really great, well, its the least they can do. Just shows what a little pushing can do?? Put the lottery on this week, lol your luck might be in xx

thats great news congratualations !!!

Wow MNL That's fab! Good for you. I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you. Well done for persevering!

Alice x

thanks for the posts ladies, good to hear from you Alice and hope you are well. I see you are almost at the 3 stone mark, welldone. I have an appointment with the Obesity Group dietician at Coventry & Walsgrave Hospital this Thursday, so will speak to her about how it works with the band fills being done there on the NHS. Let you know what they say:)
MNL

Back