• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slow weight loss, am I eating enough?

Mrs Noodles

I'm now 7 weeks post op and have lost 26lbs. I know I've said it before but I think my weight loss is really slow, especially over the last few weeks. One thing I'm not sure if if i'm actually eating enough or maybe too much (it dosent feel like I am eating too much). I havent been doing any regular exercise but walk an average 7K steps a day.

Hey Noodles .
I suggest you keep a food diary on here ,, every day write down good or bad exactly what your eating and drinking .. Then maybe we can see something you can't see Hun ..
I now carry a small book with me and I religiously fill it in every time I eat something , good or bad . No point lying about being naughty , as then I'm only lying to myself as I have been before my op,..
I'm sure Beep it will all resolve itself and settle down to a steady loss ...
Mindy
Xxx

Just seen what you've lost in weight ..
If you average that loss Beep , you've been losing 3.7lbs a week !
So just under 4lbs a week .. That's brilliant !

Thanks, Mindy you're right I do neeed to keep a diary, i start to log things for a few days then I forget.
I lost 7lbs post op so since surgery I've lost 19lbs which over the 7 weeks is an average loss of 2.71lb which you're right is good and I musnt scoff at that.
It's Lisa by the way, not beep lol x;)

Oh I apologise ! I couldn't find my glasses last night ahahaha ! I am a blind bat without them Lisa ..
How much do,you need to lose ? I have over 7'stone to lose and mine isn't coming off very quickly .. I thought the weight drops would more dramatic , but I'm happy with the way it's going seeing as I don't class it as a diet ..
Mindy
Xxxx

Oh I apologise ! I couldn't find my glasses last night ahahaha ! I am a blind bat without them Lisa ..
How much do,you need to lose ? I have over 7'stone to lose and mine isn't coming off very quickly .. I thought the weight drops would more dramatic , but I'm happy with the way it's going seeing as I don't class it as a diet ..
Mindy
Xxxx

No worries Mindy, I have about 5 stone to lose and yes it's more of a lifestyle change than a diet x

Think of it this way...if you carry on losing 2.71lbs a week for a year you will lose 140lbs...that is 10st!! You are doing great

Lynn x

Flippin eck, thanks Lynn, when you calculate like that it would be an amazing loss! I'm hoping that the scales shift again next week x

Hi Lisa I haven't been a very fast looser either in fact very similar to you its took me four months to lose 21/2 stone but I'm sure we'll get there from memory you're like me haven't got a really high bmi mayb that's why x

Hi Monalisa, thanks your right I never looked at it that way before. Slow and steady it is for me but at least i'm not putting it back on x

Please could anyone tell me if their sleeve operation has really helped to reduce their appetite? I've been told that a sleeve is great for reducing that constantly hungry feeling?

I can honestly say in 25 days since my sleeve I have not felt hungry !! I have to remind myself to eat xxx

Back