• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

slow loser

Vegas

I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op now and have only lost about 8lbs. Initially. I wasn't too worried as I've always been a very slow loser but No weight loss now for 2 weeks, so feeling a bit down about it. I'm started purée after 2 weeks fluids and should be moving on to soft on Wednesday. I'm tracking my calories on mfp and average about 800 a day... Is this too much for my stage? Maybe I'm just doomed to be big! unfortunately I still get hungry and still want to eat, but I'm not eating anything I shouldn't as far as I know, no melted chocolate or blitzed cakes lol. Just wish it would start shifting to give me a little more motivation. Still. I walked 3 miles today so maybe that will kick start it . Anyone else a slow loser?

Your body is still adjusting after major surgery. At this stage it is still 'confused'. Try and stay off the scales for a couple of weeks and you'll get a nice surprise next time you get on them x

How much am I supposed to be able to eat? I mean quantity not calories, I don't really get the full feeling, so not sure if I'm eating too much at a time. My worst nightmare is stretching my sleeve too soon. So roughly in tablespoons, how much? And how often? Still feeling a bit despondent to be honest.

How much am I supposed to be able to eat? I mean quantity not calories, I don't really get the full feeling, so not sure if I'm eating too much at a time. My worst nightmare is stretching my sleeve too soon. So roughly in tablespoons, how much? And how often? Still feeling a bit despondent to be honest.

Im 2 weeks and 2 days post bypass.... I was told by fellow members on the site that we wont really start feeling restrictions until roughly week 6-8.... I don't get the full feeling either ( im at the puree stage) apparently we will start to feel restriction around 6-8 weeks as well....

At the moment I limit my self the amount I eat to 3 table spoon at a time...

Hi Vegas,

It will move, honest, I felt exactly the same. As you can see below I have stalled at stages and only lose 2 ish lb a week. I was bypassed at end March so still early days but you will get used to it, just work with it, it is a learning curve now to your new stomach. You need to listen to it and try not to get into old habits.

Good luck if you need anything just ask, theres lots of advice on here xx

I too stalled weightwise as I moved from liquids to puree & felt very despondent but it moved 2lb on saturday & i was elated, got my first hospital check on Thursday gonna let them weigh me next.

As for feeling full I have it after 4-5 teaspoons, like a mild belly ache & testing an extra spoonful after aching was no fun, I felt full to my throat & sat swallowing slowly for an hour thinking I would throw up..... now I know stop at the ache :)

I too stalled weightwise as I moved from liquids to puree & felt very despondent but it moved 2lb on saturday & i was elated, got my first hospital check on Thursday gonna let them weigh me next.

As for feeling full I have it after 4-5 teaspoons, like a mild belly ache & testing an extra spoonful after aching was no fun, I felt full to my throat & sat swallowing slowly for an hour thinking I would throw up..... now I know stop at the ache :)

I have been experiencing that mild stomach ache....after eating too... and I also use that as my signal...

So now I feel really down and wondering why I put my self through surgery at all! Not to mention the expense. I lost 3/4 Lb this week. really??? Did I go through this to lose so little each week. in total I have lost maybe 8. Lbs since surgery 6 weeks ago. I could maybe up my exercise but other than that I really don't know what to do. I am eating mainly protein, average 800 cals a day, sometimes less sometimes more. Still probably not having enough fluids, but otherwise sticking to the rules. I understand the whole "this is just a tool" thing, and I always lose weight slowly pre surgery, no matter what diet... But that was the reason for the surgery, to help me shift it a bit faster. Today is a bad day

Hi all- I am a bit confused about amounts as well. I have been drinking fluids (2 ptrs plus a day) as well as a slim fast for breakfast and for lunch and dinner I have been having soup.

Lunch today I had a 400ml can of mushroom soup and felt fine - a bit full but not overfull. I then had a 90ml yogurt an hour later and then a 300ml soup for dinner followed by a jelly (200ml) about 30 mins later. Still not sure how full I am meant to be and amounts to eat at one time.

It may change when I move onto puree/solids but I see people with Sleeves only managing 2 or 3 tablespoonfuls at a time so I am not sure what I am meant to go with.

Would welcome thoughts on this? (PS only on day 8 post surgery)

Spoke with my advisor today- she recommended I move to the purée stage as the liquids are just passing through so to speak.

Will see how I get on over next few days.

Hi Vegas
I too am a slow loser, I'm 3 months post op.
I really thought it was going to be easy but as you now know it's not!
I had a sleeve and have lost 20kgs. (As I'm writing this I'm thinking yes this is a significant amount of weight but then I compare myself to others, who have done twice as much!)
I have not lost every week and sometimes it's been 1lb or 2, but it all adds up! have faith in your procedure, think about you this time next year.
I do find now that sometimes eating more has better results for me than eating less!
As the weeks go on you will find out what works for your body, allow your body time to recover and adjust to it's new regime.
Best of luck
I look forward to reading your updates. X

Hi there, I had a sleeve 2 and half weeks ago. I spoke to my dietitian the other day and she was recommending 1-2tablespoons of purée food and trying to increase it to 3tablespoon over the next few weeks.

When I had surgery I was really disappointed with the lack of weight loss, however it does start coming off a pound at a time and it all adds up! (I think preop I was just under the misconception that the weight would just drop off me!). I just say to myself at the moment that it will come off in the end just got to stick with the right foods and do some exercise.

Also I have found if I eat a bit more (little but often) I lose more weight!

All the best. Xxxx

Hi all
Just over 6 weeks post op now, I have to remind myself that this is still really early, and there is still some healing going on. That said although I am supposed to be on soft foods only for another 2 weeks I was finding that I was either able to eat too much or eating small amount and feeling hungry 30 mins later. So I am slowly adding more solid type foods and I have found this much better, more satisfied, easier to get protein as a priority and some restriction so can learn how much my stomach can take. I'm only adding a bit at a time, and my stomach feels ready, so hopefully I am not damaging it. I've lost 1 3/4 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I'm hoping that the change in diet, increase in protein and a bit more exercise will all help to lose a bit more each week. Fingers crossed x

My weight loss has slowed up, I hadn't lost anything for a few weeks and then suddenly 3 pounds came off ! I'm not eating much and I'm just over 3 months post op, I really struggle to eat I find it really difficult! I'm full as soon as I try anything

My weight loss has slowed up, I hadn't lost anything for a few weeks and then suddenly 3 pounds came off ! I'm not eating much and I'm just over 3 months post op, I really struggle to eat I find it really difficult! I'm full as soon as I try anything

Hi Adrienne I am exactly same I am really not enjoying eating at the moment I also get full near enough as soon as I start eating. It's really difficult to get the recommended amount of food.

I lost. 2lbs this week. That's amazing for me, so happy. I've found it much easier to lose since moving to 'real' food, so no regrets about doing it a bit earlier than planned x

Hi adrienne, I was like that too, stalling lil bit off, as long as you know it does come off eventually. Just keep doing what youre doing x

In some ways I love the fact that my relationship with food is now so different but in other wats I find it so hard !

Back