• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slow weight loss

poshlady

Hi,

Just wanted to ask - I had a band in May this year and now my weight is just going very, very slowly maybe 1 pound a week/2 weeks (which I am pleased with as never did before the band) but people say that it should be going quicker. i have done food diaries and shown dictation, doctor etc and all say that i am eating a good well balanced diet.
I don't know if i need another fill - i have 4.75mls in a 9ml band.
Is this normal - is it just that some people lose weight slowly?
Don't get me wrong i am really, really chuffed with the loss so far and one pound a week is brilliant it is just slow from what i read.

Any advice would be great.

Due to a pre-existing medical condition i can not do vigorous exercise but I do got for walk and am getting and exercise bike next week to see if i am able to manage it - even if it is only for 10 mins a time.

Thankyou in advance for any advice xxx

I have been told by my provider that I should only expect to lose 1-2lb per week and that if I have restriction, am losing at that rate, and that Im eating small meals then they are happy the band is doing its job.

I was told when I had my fill last week, not to be disappointed if I have a loss of only 1-2lb, because that is actually how it should be :)

The good thing about losing slowly is that you get less saggy skin!

If your dietician is happy with what you are eating and the volume then it doesn't sound like you need a fill.

Try not to compare yourself to others as this is your journey - slow and steady wins the race ;) x

Thankyou for replying - that's what i thought but I think I just needed someone else to tell me!!!
I am pleased and as you say Mazza - hopefully less saggy skin!

Back