• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So Confused !! Lol.

Debbie C

Hello. I live on the Isle of Wight. My Gp got me funding to do the tier 3 weigh ahead program. At the end of tier 3 they wrote to my GP recommending that I would be a good candidate for surgery. My GP referred my to Spire Southampton. I received a letter from Spire Southampton which was a copy of a letter they had sent my GP saying they couldn’t process my referral as there was no funding authorisation number on it. My GP said he would sort it out. Then last week I got a text message from spire Southampton to phone to make appointment with surgeon. I made the appointment but now worried that funding hasn’t been sorted . Would they have offered me an appointment if funding hadn’t been sorted ? Is it normal for hospital to text you to make an appointment. My appointment is 7.30pm, seem a funny time. Not even sure what happens when I get there. Why does no-one ever explain anything probably!

Bling Babe

Sorry I can’t help you but wish you good luck xx

Irene44

Hello. I live on the Isle of Wight. My Gp got me funding to do the tier 3 weigh ahead program. At the end of tier 3 they wrote to my GP recommending that I would be a good candidate for surgery. My GP referred my to Spire Southampton. I received a letter from Spire Southampton which was a copy of a letter they had sent my GP saying they couldn’t process my referral as there was no funding authorisation number on it. My GP said he would sort it out. Then last week I got a text message from spire Southampton to phone to make appointment with surgeon. I made the appointment but now worried that funding hasn’t been sorted . Would they have offered me an appointment if funding hadn’t been sorted ? Is it normal for hospital to text you to make an appointment. My appointment is 7.30pm, seem a funny time. Not even sure what happens when I get there. Why does no-one ever explain anything probably!

Hi and welcome Hun. If it helps I was with the spire group for my surgery. Although I went private I still didn’t see my surgeon till much later in the day. A phone call to either GP or spire would help you alay your fears about funding xx. Good luck xx

J

Jonicorn

That does sound pretty backwards. The appointment with the surgeon will likely be your consultation and general observations which wouldn't have a charge to the NHS anyway. The funding part of it would all be behind the scenes anyway so I don't think it should be for you to worry about.
Definitely give the GP a call though and just ask if they had sent the funding info to Spires and if they have, then sorted :)

Sarnie

Hi and welcome,
Best thing to do is phone them to clarify things for you to put your mind at the rest. Good luck, at least you're on your way now x

Debbie C

Hi and welcome Hun. If it helps I was with the spire group for my surgery. Although I went private I still didn’t see my surgeon till much later in the day. A phone call to either GP or spire would help you alay your fears about funding xx. Good luck xx

I’ve just seen my gp and although he seems a little confused about the funding he said they wouldn’t have sent me an appointment if it wasn’t ok, so fingers crossed. X

Irene44

I’ve just seen my gp and although he seems a little confused about the funding he said they wouldn’t have sent me an appointment if it wasn’t ok, so fingers crossed. X

Ah excellent good luck Hun xx