• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Applied For Funding

aprylsdad

Hi All, My name is Steve and I have just been to see my GP who has referred me for funding. I live in Gosport but will we referred to Southampton Spire Hospital. I completed my 6 month tier 3 "weigh ahead" course on 27th Jan this year and after frantically trying to get them to sent my doctor my exit forms he finally received them yesterday. Does anybody know roughly how long it takes to hear whether I am successful or not. I have a bmi of 40.6 and I have sleep apnoea, familial hypocholestralemia and hypertension. Any advice would be welcome as I'm worried I wont get accepted.:)

Leda

Hi there, congrats on completing weight management, hard bit done. I'm mid Yorks and areas can be slightly different but when I finished mine in August last year the Dr sent me to a seminar in September and they told us that our funding was in place and I had my bypass in December. Good luck, hope you get your next appointment soon :)

Toddshar35

Hi there I'm in the Solihull area I completed 6 months level 2 and my dietician had a word with level 3 dietician and she allowed me to move up a level after 6 months with level 3 dietician she wrote a letter recommending surgery within 3 weeks I received a letter to confirm id been accepted for surgery and I attended a seminar yesterday and opted for the band. I'm now waiting for an appointment with the surgeon. I see my level 3 dietician on Thursday as she still wants me to attend until i hear from surgeon. I've a Bmi of over 50 but no illnesses to go with it. Up To now it's took about 5 weeks from when dietician wrote letter to hospital.

Hi Steve ,

I finished tier 3 on 8th feb 2016 - just waiting for my letter (should be with doc in next 2 weeks ) how long did you wait to hear about funding in the end ??

lynnepoth

Hi Steve I had op Feb 2015 at spire ! Once I got referred from doctor appointment was two weeks later and had op 3 weeks after!!! It won't be long!