• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So nervous, scared and excited band in just over a week

laurawls

I am going into the Yorkshire clinic a week on Tuesday 4th feb to have my gastric band fitted. Feeling all of the above.
Will I come out of anesthetic in pain?
My pre op diet starts this Thursday.

My operation is with James healstead. Anyone familiar with this clinic and/or surgeon?

Any advice even, help ease my nerves.

Soz hun, can't help u with surgeon or band but just wanted to say hi & welcome, lots of banders will be along to give u hints & tips x

welcome.

I didn't feel pain when I came round but some discomfort around the port scar which was tender for a few days. Some people do experience wind pain and there are various things that can help with that too :)

I had my band fitted by Mr Halstead! He was great, no nonsense, very straight but I found him very reassuring. I didn't have much pain, just some pulling sensation when I stood up or lay down. Paracetamol was all I needed for a couple of days.

Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly x

Hiya, I was fine afterwards. Had no wind pain whatsoever, which was great.

It was just a bit sore for the first couple of days when I tried to sit up, but I think I only took painkillers once.

To be honest I could have probably gone back to work after 5 days but I'd arranged the time off and was enjoying it! I went back after 9 days.

Good luck! All the best for a speedy recovery.

Hiya, i had a lot of wind pain when i came round and low bp so i wasnt allowed out of bed for a while. But after a fe days and some soluble paracetamols later it all eased up. My advise start walking around as soon as you can it makes things a whole lot easier. Also suggest sleeping propped up with pillows also helps at night time.
Unfortunately i cant shed any light on the surgeon. x
Hope everything goes well for you x x x

Hi, I had mine done 2 days ago at Dolan park..... I didn't feel any pain as such just the dreaded shoulder wind pain.... Soluble paracetamol and walking as much as I could helped. Sleeping well propped up is good too. I obviously feel a bit bloated and tired but all in all it was ok and I'm ready for the work to begin to a new me. It's a strange feeling when you know you're putting yourself through something quite drastic and somewhat painful and are excited about it ..... I think it shows a strength and willpower that we are going to need along this journey.
Lots of luck for Tuesday , will be thinking of you. X

Hi hun welcome and very good luck, im not far behind you on the 6th feb come on over a join us on the February surgery thread there's a few of us booked for feb :) x x x x

hi welcome and good luck

Hi, I had mine done 2 days ago at Dolan park..... I didn't feel any pain as such just the dreaded shoulder wind pain.... Soluble paracetamol and walking as much as I could helped. Sleeping well propped up is good too. I obviously feel a bit bloated and tired but all in all it was ok and I'm ready for the work to begin to a new me. It's a strange feeling when you know you're putting yourself through something quite drastic and somewhat painful and are excited about it ..... I think it shows a strength and willpower that we are going to need along this journey.
Lots of luck for Tuesday , will be thinking of you. X

I had my surgery at Dolan Park four weeks ago, its amazing the difference four weeks can make! take it easy and rest up for the next week or so.

I am going into the Yorkshire clinic a week on Tuesday 4th feb to have my gastric band fitted. Feeling all of the above.
Will I come out of anesthetic in pain?
My pre op diet starts this Thursday.

My operation is with James healstead. Anyone familiar with this clinic and/or surgeon?

Any advice even, help ease my nerves.

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow! :)

Good luck Laura for tomorrow, wishing you all the luck in the world and quick recovery too x x x keep us posted hun x x x

Back