• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

some advise please

millywomble

Hi im melissa I first attended my seminar in january 2012. I wieghted in at 22 stone and 2 pounds. I was told id recieve my next appointment. When my appointment came it was for september 2012 then it got cancelled and changed to december 2012 then that also got cancelled to febuary 2013 ! This appointment actually was kept and I saw the nurse and diatician they were very pleased I had lost almost 2 stone and was told the best surgery for me was a full bypass and I would receive my appointment in the post in around 4 months time from febuary I still havent recieved this appointment I have called dr smalls secretary on many occasions just to be told that ill recieve an appointment soon . Im just so worried ill put weight back on before my next appointment and then be set back yet again. The nurse I seen was shocked that my apoointments had all be cancelled and put back 3 months at a time. Any advise would be brilliant !! Xxxx

Lozberry

Sorry to here you have had so many cancelled appointments and I know it can be so frustrating ! When u say mr small are you at Sunderland royal? My op is in 2 weeks but in total it has taking me 17 month to get to this stage x

millywomble

Yes sunderland royal . Uve just spoken to kim the head nurse and she said last year from may they have switched over to a new computer system and some people whis appointments were classed as pending have gotton stuck on the old system and unless you ring up to quiery why its taking so long then you will never get an appointment.. she also said had this been noticed before I would have more than likely already of had my bypss . Its disheartening to say the least but she has pushed me.forward for an appointment with doctor small and for an endo in the next few weeks so fingers crossed everything is back on track x

Llora

Good luck millywomble!!!! I cant believe the hospital was so irresponsible and messed up with all the appointments! Hope they will take this in account and you will get your surgery soon!

millywomble

Ive got my date 23rd may ! Just 8 weeks on the waiting list as a cancellation came up . Last weigh in i was 19st 10lb but im now at 20st 9lb ive been doing pre op diet and lost 7lb so hopefully i can shift some more before my pre op on thursday 15th may . Ive lost the 7lb in 3 days so hopefully can shift some more . This pre op diet is literally the hardest thing ive ever done . I made the kids bacon sandwiches yesterday and felt like crying i couldnt have any haha sounds ridiculous but i feel like a rabbit xx

Crystalrainbow

wishing you all the best hunni :) stick to the pre op and you'll be fine x x x x so pleased you got your appointment thru, its a long slog to get there but worth the wait x x x

millywomble

Thank you all. Ive waited 2 yrs in april all together as i got lost on waiting list i almost passed out when they rang and said i can have op on 23rd may !! Gonna do some fitness dvds this afternoon with my friend the support im getting from friends family and on her is fab so thank you all xx

princess4d4

congrats on the date