• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soooo hungry

excitedbutnervous

For some reason today food is not hitting the spot. I have done hardly any exercise and my stomach is actually rumbling.

Brekkie: weetabix and milk
Snack: yogurt
Lunch: soup 200ml

Dinner is planned to be some purreed beef carrot and brocolli

I am only 2.5 weeks post sleeve ... Why am I so hungry????

1) The nerves in your stomach may not be healed enough to tell your head you are full. 2) you are on a liquid diet the food is going out into the digestive tract relatively quickly compared to solid proteins. 3) this is a major change in your life and your my mind will take a while to adjust to the fact that it's not hungry. Head hunger is a b**** I think most of us can say that they have days like that sometimes however far out we are!

I agree with all the points caroline jess makes your at the very start of life post op now your body needs to catch up with your head, and as stated head hunger is a properb×××h!

Thanks ladies. Just really weird as this last week I did loads of exercise and was fine, and today the first day I do wfa, I am hungry. Clearly its being back to work that has done it. :)

Also, I think I was getting used to slightly more for lunch than I had today, so think I may try a larger portion of soup.

When do you go onto soft/mashable foods? That will make all the difference! Pureed food doesn't stay in your stomach long enough to really fill you.

I've only been on puree since Thursday so day 6 today and I have to do 21 days.. Sigh. My portions can get slightly thicker as the weeks progress but on 27th Aug is my official day 1 for mash and I only have to do that for 1 week. I am going to see my consultant on Tuesday next week so I may ask if I can make everything back a week as apparently I am "doing so well" lol

I went through the same phases Excited. Make your soups thicker. I also thought maybe operation was not a success but then you eat a piece of chicken... wham! the fullness feeling is there. don't worry. Just focus on healing for the time being and don't beat yourself up for "feeling hungry", usually that is actually head hunger... your mind thinking "well, I should be hungry..."
it will pass. take it easy, eat well, heal well. that is the priority.
best wishes

Thanks tules

Back