• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NO restriction yet again!!!

jinkles

Hi all, I have not posted for a while but I am really fed up. For those who don't know me I was banded 2nd Jan 09 and have lost alot of weight already. However, I have put on 10lbs over the past few months and CANNOT seem to shift it.
I have a 12ml capacity in my band and it is 11mls full so only have 1ml extra to go before it's full. I am now desperately fed up as my restriction has gone AGAIN!!!! Just as an idea, when I had good restriction (and it was bloody good restriction too!!!) I would have 1/2 weetabix with a small pot of mullerlight yogurt for brekkie, a few slices of wafer thin deli meat with carrot/pepper/cucumber sticks with low fat mayo for lunch. Then would either have a very small chicken breast or piece of salmon with a small amount of veg for tea, I would hardly ever snack!!!! Now I can eat and never stop for example last night me and my hubby had a chinese I made all the wrong choices and had a whole portion of sweet and sour chicken 5 large chips, 1 spicy chicken wing, a whole portion of crispy seaweed, and 7 prawn crackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ate it all and did not at all feel full!!!!!!!!!!:cry::mad::mad::break_diet:This cannot be right I have 11mls in my 12ml band HELP!!!!!!!!:cry::mad::confused::cry::mad::gen147:

I'm a bypasser not a bander so I can't really offer any advice other than maybe it would be a good idea to contact your surgery team for help with this. I'm sure a more experiences member will be along shortly to offer you more helpful advice. Best of luck xx

Sorry im not a bander so cannot offer much advice except to go back to your surgical team and see what they say:) Good luck tho hope you manage to get a postive result:)

Sharon xx

Hi Jinkles,

As you lose weight the band loosens a little too as there is not so much internal fat. You are well over the half way mark in the total you wish to lose and have done so well.

You know that those choices were wrong, as you have made good ones before, so that might also explain the small gain.

Try and get back on track and if that has no effect, try upping protein, less carbs and change the exercise you are doing. Also make sure you are getting loads of fluid in.

If this still has no effect then get a fill book, another half mil could bring you back online :)

Hi all, I have not posted for a while but I am really fed up. For those who don't know me I was banded 2nd Jan 09 and have lost alot of weight already. However, I have put on 10lbs over the past few months and CANNOT seem to shift it.
I have a 12ml capacity in my band and it is 11mls full so only have 1ml extra to go before it's full. I am now desperately fed up as my restriction has gone AGAIN!!!! Just as an idea, when I had good restriction (and it was bloody good restriction too!!!) I would have 1/2 weetabix with a small pot of mullerlight yogurt for brekkie, a few slices of wafer thin deli meat with carrot/pepper/cucumber sticks with low fat mayo for lunch. Then would either have a very small chicken breast or piece of salmon with a small amount of veg for tea, I would hardly ever snack!!!! Now I can eat and never stop for example last night me and my hubby had a chinese I made all the wrong choices and had a whole portion of sweet and sour chicken 5 large chips, 1 spicy chicken wing, a whole portion of crispy seaweed, and 7 prawn crackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ate it all and did not at all feel full!!!!!!!!!!:cry::mad::mad::break_diet:This cannot be right I have 11mls in my 12ml band HELP!!!!!!!!:cry::mad::confused::cry::mad::gen147:

Hi honey,

I'm sorry to hear things are not going as well as you'd like. :hug99:

I'm going to stick my neck out here though and say - you need to take a little more responsibility for yourself. You are evidently aware that you are making the wrong choices when it comes to food - the Chinese food being a case in point - yet you still went ahead and ate and ate it all.

From what I've read on here and elsewhere the band is a tool to control your portion sizes only - it doesn't stop you eating bad/wrong foods. It is up to you to make the right choices when it comes to food - hence you may well be back at square one again.

You're at almost optimum restriction so you now have to really harness your willpower and self control. Have the Chinese but make sensible choices. If you must eat naughty stuff then see it as a rare (weekly) treat.

Sorry if this offends or annoys you. I really don't want to come across as judgemental - as I bore witness to a less than good thread last week. I'm just trying to help you see that you can shift that extra 10Ibs and more besides.

Please forgive me if I've got this all wrong and you are saintly in your eating. If you are then may be more activity?

Cheers CC

Back