• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sore bits.....

phatmomma

Right i have a question... I have a sore spot under my apron tummy at the top of my groin area, right in the crease. It's not the first time and usually i'd throw a bit of sudocream at it and let it heal that way... However i'm wondering should i go the Dr's with it? Not because it's really bad, just very red n sore, but because if a miracle ever happens and i get to a healthy bmi and need a tummy tuck surely this will not do my plea any harm....

What do you think? xx

go for it julie, i have had a similar thing for a while, funnily enough its not as bad since ive lost weight, but anyway, the doctor gives me cream to put on it, and also under my boobs too. so not only will it help with the actual soreness, like you say, it might just go for you should you want an op later on. i get timodine, for mine, and it clears it up within a few days. hope you get it sorted soon hun, hugsxxxx

The things we think about lol I dont know why but i found this really funny lol. Im learning so much from this site ha ha! Yes lovey it sounds like a good plan to go visit the doc. Im storing all this info in case its needed for furture use xxx

Go for it julie, what have you got to lose....... on your access tummy.:)

I am just starting my WLS journey so my tummy is huge. I often used to get really sore, between the groin and tummy and under my breasts. I started used a talc called Cuticura, its a medicated talc and you can buy it most chemists and supermarkets. To me it is a life saver. When i was most sore i used it every couple of hours or so. Now I just use daily as a preventitive.
Hope this might help.
Theresa x

Right i have a question... I have a sore spot under my apron tummy at the top of my groin area, right in the crease. It's not the first time and usually i'd throw a bit of sudocream at it and let it heal that way... However i'm wondering should i go the Dr's with it? Not because it's really bad, just very red n sore, but because if a miracle ever happens and i get to a healthy bmi and need a tummy tuck surely this will not do my plea any harm....

What do you think? xx

See him but canestan hydrocortisone 1% will shift it.

Lin xx

Haha Jacqui... that made me smile..

Seriously Julie, I think Jacqui may be with me on this one... we have talked about skin and in particular these types of problems... they can become worse and inflammed, so I would see the doc... I have had something similar and have been prescribed Cepton antiseptic body wash, which firstly keeps the area clean, there is a risk of it breaking down and becoming infected...

When totally dry try the canestan powder which is quite healing...

I think Lin is quite right with the Canestan cream, I think it's a hydrocortisone, so it can thin the skin with prolonged usage. If I remember right from when I had to use it.

I also think it's worthwhile flagging it up with your GP and getting it on your casenotes because of starting your case and argument for potential apronectomy in the future...

Love and hugs Julie and hoping this doesn't escalate and become even more uncomfortable for you precious xxx

I agree with everyone's comments (including Jacqui's, ha, ha!!). Get yourself to the doc's!

I use Femfresh talc free powder in my creases,especially after showering.Sudecrem when inflamed and Canestan 1% if bad!

Yep, I'd say go get it documented now.... you never know when you might need that GP's letter of support.

Julie I have this, and have been prescribed daktokort by my gp which soon sorts it out every time i have a flare up. When I had my plastics consult last Monday, he said the only reason Im getting my tummy done is due to the constant infections as they wont do it on cosmetic reasons alone.

Thanks everyone, i will get it looked at. I'm sure i could buy something but i want the medical evidence in case a miracle happens and i get plastics :) xx

I've got this too at the moment and it stings like mad. Thanks everyone for the reccommendations of creams and talcs. I too will mention it to my gp on the next visit. Every little helps lol.

Julie this may be a pain but you need to go to the doc every time. But if GP finds a cream that works and puts it on repeat for you make sure if you ask for a referral she/he includes how many times and how often the prescription has been issued. Best if you keep a record too. Infections are a key criteria for NHS apronectomy in many areas.

M

Hope it clears up soon

is it timodine beth, i get that from my gp, and it works well, clears it up within a day or so, its a very weak steroid cream, i just have to ring up and ask for it now.

Back