• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Belly button

initially like the others have said you need to see the GP to get it checked out and on your records as proof. once its cleared up with his magic potion my GP told me after washing make sure its rinsed well and then dry with cotton buds and finish off with hairdryer on low to make sure it is completely dry. I was then told to use dakacourt athletes foot powder and its worked a treat at keeping it nice and fresh. The secret is in making sure it is completely dry.
I also use an unperfumed roll on deodorant on all my folds, between my legs and under my boobs and haven't had one skin infection in over 2 years now.
good luck. x

That is exactly what I tell my patients, it is sometimes worth a visit to see one of the Practice nurses just to get it swabbed as they can initially be a combined bacterial and fungal infection - especially as it's so smelly - that is usually the same bug that you get in the bottom of vases ! Is it green gunge? Good luck xxx

initially like the others have said you need to see the GP to get it checked out and on your records as proof. once its cleared up with his magic potion my GP told me after washing make sure its rinsed well and then dry with cotton buds and finish off with hairdryer on low to make sure it is completely dry. I was then told to use dakacourt athletes foot powder and its worked a treat at keeping it nice and fresh. The secret is in making sure it is completely dry.
I also use an unperfumed roll on deodorant on all my folds, between my legs and under my boobs and haven't had one skin infection in over 2 years now.
good luck. x
Glad some1 else said they use deodorant as I have in the past and swear by it works brilliant never had any infections in years since I started using it as keeps it fresh as a daisy x x

Glad some1 else said they use deodorant as I have in the past and swear by it works brilliant never had any infections in years since I started using it as keeps it fresh as a daisy x x

i tell all my friends. used to use it when i was big to stop my legs chaffing in the summer as well. im sure the checkout girl used to think i had some kind of obsession when i used to buy a dozen at at time especially when it was on offer.

i aint had my opp yet but i had key hole done on gailbalder 3 years ago and i still have the same problem the smell is so so bad and sometimes it leaks stuff its really bad in summer i was hope it would get better after i lose weight x

I'm 3st down now and when I was drying off after a shower a few days ago and wiped under my tummy a load of skin just dropped off leaving me very red & sore. This is directly under my overhanding tummy.
I've also had the tummy button issue.
Would your remedies work the same on my larger tummy fold area (attractive I know: sorry!!).
xx

Gosh I thought I was the only one with a sore smelly belly button but obviousily not lol, well with all ur tips it seems to b getting better, I don't get any sores under my stomach nor boobs but this is the only part that has a hang well a biggish hang, thanks for the tips everyone xxxx

i tell all my friends. used to use it when i was big to stop my legs chaffing in the summer as well. im sure the checkout girl used to think i had some kind of obsession when i used to buy a dozen at at time especially when it was on offer.

What deodorant do you use?

Well I've learnt something new today, thanks everyone. I always thought it was only me that suffered x

I'm 3st down now and when I was drying off after a shower a few days ago and wiped under my tummy a load of skin just dropped off leaving me very red & sore. This is directly under my overhanding tummy.
I've also had the tummy button issue.
Would your remedies work the same on my larger tummy fold area (attractive I know: sorry!!).
xx

yes it will louise remember dry well and use the powder and once the skin is healed then use the deodrant. good luck

I have always had the belly button thing, due to having a very deep 'inny'. I used to make sure that it was washed thouroughly, dryed thouroughly, then I used to wipe it with a cotton bud soaked in TCP or surgical spirit and then place a small bit of cotton wool in the belly button and left it there til the next day when I took a bath/shower.
Don't bathe too much as this could make the condition worse. I found powders made the problem worse, it just made my belly button 'crusty' and even more 'smelly'.

i tend to use mum or sure un perfumed unless there is a good offer on. but always unperfumed.

thanks, but doesnt it stay wet? I havent heard of this before and always use loads of powder, it goes everywhere creates dust as you can imagine hehe, so thought i might try the deodorant, just cant quite get my head around putting in other places :eek:

What a picture this is going to conjurer up in your minds. When i was big i used to put it on and then lay on my bed for a few moments for it to dry. But no it doesn't stay wet as such. x

I knew I'd seen someone mention this but b4 now I'd never had any problems with my belly button, till last night I could feel it hurting a little then 2day its all red and weeping av just had a bath to try sooth it but looks like am gonna have to buy summit for on it, am hoping its just a 1 off but its not very nice cause I still have alot of weight left to lose xx

I knew I'd seen someone mention this but b4 now I'd never had any problems with my belly button, till last night I could feel it hurting a little then 2day its all red and weeping av just had a bath to try sooth it but looks like am gonna have to buy summit for on it, am hoping its just a 1 off but its not very nice cause I still have alot of weight left to lose xx

Your body will carry on changing shape as you loose weight and some months it may be affected and others not. The main thing is now you are aware of it and know how to take care of it hopefully it wont cause too many problems. x

Back