• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sorry to be negative but...

rainbow27

Did anyone regret their surgery a few days post op?? I'm 2 days out & having ups & downs of regret! Its not cause I'm sore just wondering what the hell I've done to myself :( I'm sure it will pass I guess it has to really there is no turning back now! X

I did on about day 2/3 post surgery, but it passed.
You'll be fine.
xXx

Oh Hun - I felt exactly the same sitting in my hospital bed earlier this week! I wondered if it really was the right decision and if life would return to any sort of normality again! I think it's the boredom of the hospital, the lack of sleep, and the not so lovely warm hospital water that does it!
I'm 5 days down now and things are looking up. I don't feel hungry, hubby is moaning that I'm not drinking enough (he had his bypass in Feb so of course he's the expert! And I know he's right from the colour of my pee!) but I know deep down, because I have seen how he's done and the changes it's made to him, that it will be worth it.

How are you doing on liquids? I'm loving orange juice, (not so great with apple) and tomato soup, a tin lasts me for lunch and dinner. I'm trying to drink more NAS squashes, can see a trip round Tesco soon to check out some new and exciting flavours (I've seen some advertised that are like old fashioned sweets flavours like Sherbet Lemon). But I am really struggling with milk and tea. Yesterday I had a couple of small glasses of milk with a scoop of slimfast (for the extra benefits) but today I made a glass and didn't like it at all. Same with tea, for the past 2 days it's tasted really horrible! I know Lee (hubby) went to really strong tea after his op and is now back to his normal mid-brown colour/strength, I hope my taste for tea returns!

I might try a hot milk later, hopefully I'll tolerate that.

Chin up hun - we'll get though it and will soon start seeing the real benefits and we'll look back on this in a couple of months and wonder why we ever doubted it!

Take care xx

Deffo you think s**t what have I done to my body!It will pass,the first few weeks are really hard no use sugar coating it.Karen try milky coffee,I have Cravendale milk it has a lovely taste.

Sorry you're feeling so low rainbow. However, once you start to see those scales moving in the right direction, I suspect you'll begin to feel more positive. Thinking of you. Xo

I'm avoiding coffee as I only like it with sugar and I have Cravendale already. I may try a coffee, it'll only go down the sink if I don't like it lol!

Thank you so much for your replies, it makes it easier knowing I'm not alone :( I keep crying to myself it's horrible. I'm sure I will be more positive once I get home.
Karen I got some clear soup today and jelly which tasted amazing!! I've had nas juice in my water & tea just had a coffee which was rank!!..
The nurse earlier just tried to give me patacetamol in tablet form, which I asked her to change she said "ah you should be fine with the tablets" I'm pretty sure I need to be on liquid more than 2 days post op!.
I really don't feel the care has been up to much here the register doctor who is on could not care less for the first 24 hours I was cared for all by bank staff!!! In hdu?!! My surgeon & anaesthetist have been great!sorry I sound such a moaning b***h but I'm not honestly! I'm off home tmrw I can't wait I'm also a little scared hope I do everything right!!..
Thanks for listening to my thoughts' xx

Thank you so much for your replies, it makes it easier knowing I'm not alone :( I keep crying to myself it's horrible. I'm sure I will be more positive once I get home.
Karen I got some clear soup today and jelly which tasted amazing!! I've had nas juice in my water & tea just had a coffee which was rank!!..
The nurse earlier just tried to give me patacetamol in tablet form, which I asked her to change she said "ah you should be fine with the tablets" I'm pretty sure I need to be on liquid more than 2 days post op!.
I really don't feel the care has been up to much here the register doctor who is on could not care less for the first 24 hours I was cared for all by bank staff!!! In hdu?!! My surgeon & anaesthetist have been great!sorry I sound such a moaning b***h but I'm not honestly! I'm off home tmrw I can't wait I'm also a little scared hope I do everything right!!..
Thanks for listening to my thoughts' xx

Hi hun, don't appologise for being down or moaning its human emotion, youve just had some serious surgery & your full entitled to be feeling a bit all over the place x I want to remind you of your Quote at the bottom of your page.......seems like you already have your answer :D, as some have already said, as the time goes on and the scales are looking more attractive you will be pleased that you made this life changing desicion, keep your chin up & look forward to going home.....no one likes a hospital & i'm sure thats adding to your distress xxx best wishes xxx

im 10 days post op... and i dont regret it but the first 2 days i was a bit sad... that id not be able to have a random takeway...or other junk i used to eat. i now realise that is what got me to the size i was! i was sort of mourning it... if that makes sense. now that im eating puree veg, homemade soup, WW mousses etc im excited! so chin up and remember long term!

xx

I'm not pining after food at all I'm just worried about what I have done to my body... I've totally had my digestive system rearranged and I can't seem to get passed it.. I'm so scared of anything going wrong or getting an infection or ended up another media horror story! Very irrational I know I'm sure my head will sort out when I'm home.. Thanks for listening to me :) xxxx

I completely understand ! I'm 5 weeks today out and I'm only just starting to get my head round this ... It's so much to take in all at once and get used to I think it's only natural .. All at once I gave up alcohol, fags,junk food and food of any great quantity and also a major addiction to diet coke :cry: u will start to feel better and it will get better , u r still very early days and the anethestic can play havoc with your body . I do get times of thinking oh god what have I done to myself and I do wish I could have done it by myself and for this I feel a failure ! I'm hoping these feelings leave me :wave_cry: I hope u start feeling better soon about it all I think it's prob best to relax and take it easy and I'm sure it will all fall into place :D x x

Thanks fizzy Donna yeah I guess I feel I've went a bit gun ho into this but I just need to learn to love my new plumbing .. I can't sleep I've got severe restless legs tonight ... The night nurse just made me a cup of tea :) xx

Two days post surgery I was a snivelling mess. I felt so vulnerable and in pain and wondered what the hell I'd done by agreeing to be mutilated like that. I felt so ashamed that I'd had to have surgery in order to lose weight. I think all that anaesthetic is still in your system and messing with your head. I'm very good at bottling stuff up yet I was openly crying my eyes out in front of other patients and nurses.

Once I got home a few days later I felt so much better. And the first time I ate a little pureed food and it filled me up I felt fantastic! I had a couple of other little dips in the first few weeks because I was so tired and in occasional pain. But once that was over I felt great.

I'm so full of energy 4 weeks out and I look and feel lighter. No regrets now.

Most people have the post op regrets, it passes and then you wonder why the heck you regretted it in the first place xxx

Ive read a lot of people have the same feleings hun and they do pass. I'm preparing myself to feel like cr** and full of regrets but will keep telling myself its all part of the journey we have to go through and them feelings wont last. Good Luck with your recovery, you will be feeling on top of the world soon x

Hope you're feeling a bit better this evening xx

Thank you Mandy & yorkigirl I think I maybe just needed home good luck with your op Mandy xxx

Back