• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liver pain?

Twiggie

Did anyone else experience any discomfort in their liver whilst doing the liver-shrinking diet?

I've had this niggly pain for the best part of a week now, maybe longer. It's more uncomfortable than painful, but seems to have become constant over the last few days. I'm a little concerned as I'm not sure whether it's normal.

I didn't have any problems hun. Could it be something else like a kidney infection? Or gallstones? Or not drinking enough water???

I didn't have any problems hun. Could it be something else like a kidney infection? Or gallstones? Or not drinking enough water???

I don't think it's kidneys as it's at the front just under my ribs. Could be gallstones I guess... and no, I'm probably not drinking enough water ;)

I had this awful dream last night that rather than shrinking my liver had blown up to the size of a balloon, and they refused to operate!! :eek:

How are you doing now? Just noticed you've lost over half of your excess weight already, that's fantastic hun!!! :D

Oh goodness - sorry to hear that Twiggie. I hope it's nothing to worry about and that perhaps it's just a bit of a phychological thing linked the worry of it not being small enough (which it definitely will be by the way! You've been fantastic on your Pre op!).

Why don't you give Kirsten a ring today just to check?

If it doesn't ease up I'd mention it to your team just in case. When's your op?
x

Next Tuesday x

Oh goodness - sorry to hear that Twiggie. I hope it's nothing to worry about and that perhaps it's just a bit of a phychological thing linked the worry of it not being small enough (which it definitely will be by the way! You've been fantastic on your Pre op!).

Why don't you give Kirsten a ring today just to check?

I'm going to give her ring tomorrow as I'm fairly certain now that it's not actually my liver, but the large intestine which is in the same area. I've been having very watery yellow diarrhoea (sorry for being so graphic) on and off since starting pre-op but it's getting worse the last few days, and so is the pain. I'm also very bloated so think I could be turning lactose intolerant.

I don't usually drink milk, only with cereal and that's not very often but now I'm suddenly drinking 3-4 pints a day so my body isn't used to it. I'm so annoyed as I've got less than a week to go and don't really want to go back to eating food again :(

Will see what Kirsten says tomorrow x

Back