• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

soup

Wobbly71

Hi everyone. Due to get band on tuesday and just wondering what soups I can have on the liquid stage x

I know cup a soups but wondered if there are any tins or fresh ssoups that are ok x fridge full of slimfast x

I used to make my own fresh and blend and sieve them. I also did the same with shop bought fresh. Cup a soups r ok but don't really have any nutritional value. My favourite was cauliflower and broccoli

I had most flavours but homemade ones were the best
Also when you go to soft stage purée each item as if you do it all together tastes like soup but individual get the nice flavour off the food

Not a bander but just wanted to say that as said home made soups are the best for you but if you want to get some tins in, try heinz big soups, they have a high protein content and lots of veg for tinned soups. You will have to blend and sieve them but they are very nice and a good time saver for days you don't have time to make your own :) x

Thanks everyone. Don't mind making my own but thought they would need to be a lot thinner than home made x

I've made batches of home made soup, although I havent gotten to eat any yet. I managed 1/4 small tin of weight watchers chicken soup today, but that was more than enough (ie 75gm lol) I've been told I can have tinned, home made, cup a soup too, but if they are thicker to water them down so they are still a consistency that could pass up a straw (but not to drink from a straw due to adding unwanted air/gas to the stomach) and also, to sieve it to remove any small bits.

I made some home made vegetable soup before, some sweet potato and parsnip and also a chicken and veg soup. But I really don't do well with soup and I only really like mulligatawny, so have treated myself to a couple of tins and altho I will have to sieve out the rice and the meat in it, it will be nice to have something "tasty" :) if I get to fancying it LOL

Thanks everyone. Think I'll buy a tea strainer and a couple of tins of weight watchers soup, they like water anyway.

Save the home made for puree stage, something to look forward to x x

Gonna go shopping today, get some smoothies and marvel! Can't wait now till I'm back home x

Homemade lentil dahl is lovely and very easy to make, and it's full of protein!

Back