• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tomato soup post op

DD82

Hi all just wondering if anyone had tomato soup on the post op band liquid diet, my plan says I can have broth soups with lumps strained out but I only really like tomato or vegetable soups and was thinking of trying the weight watchers tomato soup.

Would like to have 2 shakes and one soup per day if I can.

Thanks in advance

lovelyzobo

Yep I had Heinz Tom soup! Lush! Xx

los in it

I had soup post op (im a bypasser) but I did water it down a little and itcwas lovely!

Crystalrainbow

My hospital rules were any soup strained of bits :) although we were recommend to stay away from the cream of variety's for obvious reasons lol i used to love lidls vegetable soup strained yummmmmmy :)

top_kat

sieve any soups and the consistency should be thin enough to pass up a straw without using a straw :)

Lilacglittergirl

Fit and fantastic!
Yep. Heinz tomato was on my list ... i had the one with added Chilli just for the power of the taste after week upon week of simple fluids x

DD82

Thanks for the replies, I've had Heinz soup twice now and it's lovely makes a change from the boring shakes, I'm a week down on the liquid diet today and I'm getting so hungry! Been tempted to mush early but resisted so far.

top_kat

Thanks for the replies, I've had Heinz soup twice now and it's lovely makes a change from the boring shakes, I'm a week down on the liquid diet today and I'm getting so hungry! Been tempted to mush early but resisted so far.

Stick to the guidelines, they're there for very good reason. If you're hungry increase the levels of liquids, hot milk/milky coffees are filling too and good for protein. Make thin fruit smoothies, there's lots to have to help with hunger. it maybe something you will need to get used to as it can be an ongoing journey until you find satisfaction on small portions. The band for some bpnever takes the feelings of hunger away.

lovelyzobo

I found the horlicks light was very filling, if I was ever tempted and hungry! Good for extra vitamins and minerals too! Xx