• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clear Soups

trickyvicky

Hi everyone,

Just trying to get some food in for my post-op diet and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for clear soups.

Do cup-a-soup type things count or am I better going for the regular tinned types?

Thanks

Cup a soup is fine or any tinned or fresh soup without bits in it. I made my sister sieve the bits out of fresh tomato soup for me the day I got home from hospital! If you have a blender you could always make homemade pea and mint, carrot and coriander, pumpkin soup etc... As I quickly learnt on my 3 weeks of clear soup variety is the spice of life! For some reason the only soup they seem to do in restaurants is tomato!

Good luck

My dietician advised that cup a soup has no real nutritional value and to have the big soup puréed instead x

Brill, thanks guys! Got a load of broths in but they all come with bits so I foresee a lot of sieving in my future

i just blended canned soups & used half a can in my cup topped up with boiled water as they were too thick for me.

I too was told stay off cup a soups but used them on work days as an extra drink not meal

Back