• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Spire Leeds

I am excited!
I got a call yesterday from the Weight Management Service advising me that I am at the top of the waiting list and that they are sending my referral on to Spire Leeds.
:talk017:​
It is feeling much more real now...

Anyone who can share their experiences of surgery at Spire Leeds on the NHS I would be very grateful...

I had my bypass in July 2008 at Spire Leeds under Mr Pollard. Lovely place, great care by the fabulous staff. Mr Pollard was wonderful. I had open surgery, have a nice, very faint scar left now and have lost 12 stones and 8 pounds since my surgery.
If you have any questions let me know x

Thanks for the info Cat.
I'm glad to hear the scar has faded well.

Can you remember how long it was from when you were referred to the hospital to your surgery?

What was the process once you were with the hospital? I have already had a sleep test done through my GP.

I feel like I have sooo many questions that I might explode! haha:eek:

Not got a lot of response to this so thought I would try again.

Would be really helpful if anyone who had their surgery at Spire Leeds on the NHS was able to share their experiences.x

Thanks for the info Cat.
I'm glad to hear the scar has faded well.

Can you remember how long it was from when you were referred to the hospital to your surgery?

What was the process once you were with the hospital? I have already had a sleep test done through my GP.

I feel like I have sooo many questions that I might explode! haha:eek:

I wrote a big, long response to this last week but obviously it didn't save :(
Quick response cos cannot stay long but basically from my appointment at Salford it took about 2 months (this was mainly because my letter got lost) When I saw Mr Pollard it was just over two weeks from then until my surgery.
Are you having Mr Pollard as I know there are other surgeons based there too.
Good luck, any more questions please ask - not around all of the time but will respond (if it saves this time lol! :D)

Cheers Cat,

It is a nightmare when a long post doesn't save. Thanks for taking the time anyway. haha
Those timescales are much better than I had been expecting but until I know more I won't be holding my breath.

I'm not sure who I will be seeing yet. I rang Spire today and they don't have a record of me. Not a good sign! I am going to ring the Weight Management Service and ask what the situation is but I have to G myself up for that a bit because they always make me feel like a nuisance(sp?)

I'm sure I will come back with more questions though, I appreciate the support.
xx

I'd say be a nuisance!! The only reason I found out my letter had got lost was because I kept ringing them.
Keep me up to date, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! x

hope you can get things moving soon. I had my band done on Monday at the Nuffield in Leeds with Mr Sarela, I know he operates at Spire too. He was great, very lovely, put me at ease.

I was planning on being a nuisance, I was going to take your advice Cat and ring on Friday when I am off work. But luckily I won't have to, I heard from Spire today and have an appointment in a fortnight!

I can save my pestering for something else now....hmmmm

Aww thats amazing things are beginning to seem real... not long until you're a skinny minnie :)

Back