• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass at Leeds?

DebsBee

Hi everyone,
Im hoping to have a bypass at Leeds (self funded) after having a band removed over 2 years ago.

My first questions are about how people choose which hospital to use or even which Consultant? Think its about Mr Dexter or Mr Sarela currently.

Ive spoken to SPIRE and got a prov appt for Mr Sarela but only after a consultation will I know if Im going to be treated (and charged) as a revision at upto 4K more!! this could be a deal breaker and Im dreading that news...

If anyone has any thoughts or experiences of either of the Leeds hospitals or surgeons for bypass i would be VERY grateful to hear them

thanks ever so much

Debs

Hi Hun

Firstly, good luck with your journey. I am with Mr. Pollard at Spire Leeds. This is open RNY which as they say it's better to be tidy on the inside! The treatment was fantastic and I cannot recommend Mr. Pollard highly enough. If you want a chat drop me a line - I am with Mr. Pollard on Thursday so could arrange for him to call you and maybe an informal chat would help . . . xx

Back