• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SRH

cherry

I just want to say from being there yesterday, i was talking to a nurse, and the clinics are being run differntly now to reduce waiting times whilst for your appointment and actual waiting lists, i was seen 20 mins early yesterday! which i was very surprised at it all ran like clockwork down there, also with the scales they only use the ones down the main corridor now and not the ones in the nurses station , they said due to a 'incident' they now only use one set of scales for wls paitents, so thats good news to hey, maybe that was pauls case?....

just wanted to let srh paitents know who are waiting, i hope im not just a 'lucky' one and that the experiance i had everyone else will have to

ive just rung actually and asked if i can have my pre op the day before my op so i dont have to travel up there twice in one week and the seceratry said she didnt see a problem :) finger crossed eh xx

Oh I hope they sort that out for you Kelly, it would be a nightmare if you had to travel all that way again just for the pre-op :eek: XX

hi

it was same for me actually - i was in early and it was all very quick - i was lighter on my scales at home than theirs.... (and the ww group scales) - it was a 1 kilo difference and i was still well exceeded me target so i wasnt too fussed

but yes it wasnt as scarey as i had imagined. just get tuesday over with then thats it until op!

Kelly that's great news about the pre-op love, I hope they sort that for you. I was going to suggest it. It's far too far to travel twice in a week or so. My appointments I never got kept waiting at all....apart from the psychologist and the pre-op. Clinics were always very smooth. Are you going to manage keeping your weight down till the surgery date?

oooo charis yep!!! i wanna get down to 18, im 18,13 now, so another stone, my hubbi is back away on sun for 5 weeks so im using that to kick start everything again, there s no way im putting this two stone back on!!! just the thought of the op is enough :) getting all my weight watchers stuff tomorrow to help x

i rang and asked and they said they didnt think it would be a problem xx

oooo charis yep!!! i wanna get down to 18, im 18,13 now, so another stone, my hubbi is back away on sun for 5 weeks so im using that to kick start everything again, there s no way im putting this two stone back on!!! just the thought of the op is enough :) getting all my weight watchers stuff tomorrow to help x

You're a flipping inspiration girl! You are so going to rock this surgery, your head is right where it needs to be. I'm well proud of you! xxxxxxxx

arghhhhhhh sniiiff thanks babes xx

hi Kelly, I hope all goes well for your op and that its not too long a wait...

You said in another post that Mr Small said the panel had decided to offer you a sleeve (which is what you were hoping for). Did Mr Small say why they decided on the sleeve rather than the bypass? Did they know that you wanted a sleeve, or did they just go on eating habits and so on?

I'm looking again at a sleeve v bypass - it doesn't have the malabsorbtion part that the bypass does. I'm just worried about capacity and the sleeve stretching if you eat too much.

they must be turning more towards the sleeve because 2 ladies who were in for their endoscopys with me today were both told they were now having sleeves instead of bypasses . mr s says im still up for the bypass thankfully

i wonder why they needed a endoscopy and i didnt?... o noooooo i hope he doesnt change his mind and make me?.... x

to be honest he didnt elaborate on why he said yes to a sleeve at first he said to me can you defiantly work the band?... and i was like oooo no i want the sleeve, and he said well good because that was said at the meeting... so i was o ok, i asked if i needed a endoscopy he said no, and just went see you at your op!! WTF!

ive just seen on another thread two ladies having a sleeve and they had to have a endoscopy so dont know why i dont?.... hmmmmm im bit worried now incase he changes his mind and the op is set back xx

I think that because you are young and healthy he thinks you dont need an endoscopy :D Dont worry about it, just be pleased you dont have to have one :D XX

without sounding in anyway judgemental these ladies were a lot larger than you and a lot older and they had been there for their endoscopy for bypasses and he had changed his mind when he had viewed their insides !!!!!!!!

stop worrying and just relax and enjoy the ride like the rest of us now - can you image all ending up on the ward together the nurses would be pulling their hair out !!

o dero chris!!! i know imagine hahahhahahhahahha x

Back