• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hate feeling so sick

mrscinders

i was in the shower at 5am and i had to call a nurse i felt faint sick then i got into bed and sickness.wouldnt go.off they are giving me.liquid form medication i.just carnt stomache it i asked for weetabix with milk nurse brought me it covered in sugar they dont have a clue about the op i hate the taste of the water my taste bids have changed all i can hear is machines beeping as they are really ill paitents on my ward i feel so depressed i just want to go home x

AWWWW hunnie keep strong hope your better soon xx ps can a family member or friend bring you ear plugs or head phones and an eye mask usually helps when im stuck in hosp.

iv got ear plugs might try them now thanks x

Aaaaw poor you, there's nothing worse than been stuck in hospital is there?
You'll feel a million times better once you're home.
What's with the sugar on your weetabix? :confused: Surely the staff there must know what bariatric patients can and can't eat....it's crazy!
Take care ((hugs))
Em xxxxx

Three days or so post op keep a hold it can and will get better though the lack of understanding from nursing staff is very worrying though a little predictable if its Middlesbrough or Darlington - they were too quick to try and mimic Sunderlands approach without spending time there or getting the right education which would mean the right attitude too!

yes it is middlesbrough the nurses admited they dont know much about the op or diet on the plus side iv had some yummy mash and gravey tasted like heaven but couldnt belive how much i wasted full up now and feeling much better thanks x

Aww uh try and keep your chin up darling. I can totally empathise as I was in a week also, it's the pits but justvkeepmthing u'll be home soon. Phil have to disagree, Darlington staff were amazing they knew pretty much everything and took great care of me. Can honestly not fault them ! X

If you've got a lot of sickness/feeling faint, you could ask for oxygen on again - it helps flush the excess anaesthetic from your system. If you can't tolerate much fluid, ask for the drip back on to prevent dehydration... All of this could make a huge difference - don't be afraid to ask!

oh Kellie, sorry to hear you aren't having the best of times, hopefully the sickness will ease off. Sorry too they don't know much about anything, but glad the mash helped.

It is a very strange feeling being so full up on hardly nothing. I have 100ml milk and Im full all day . . .its a very strange concept.

Hang in there, you'll soon be home, but hopefully they will find something to help the sickness

Thinking of you!

Kat x

thanks kat im feeling ok now just brused how are you feeling x

Back