• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SRH : Endoscopy

NEDebz

Hi

I was just wondering how long people generally waited for an endoscopy at SRH.

I was put on the waiting list for one on 12th January, but still haven't heard anything.

Is it normally a long waiting process?

I waited 6 weeks from appt with surgeon to endoscopy xxx hope this helps

i was told it is maximum of 6 week wait fom the day the surgeon refers you , i waited exactley 6 weeks to the day so they were spot on !!!!!

Thanks, rang the hospital and they haven't even made the lists yet so don't know how long I'll have to wait

I'm in the same boat ned. I was refered on the 31st jan. I foned today for a date and im on the list but just waiting for the surgeon to make the appointment. I wouldn't care Iv been given a weight loss to achieve.
So I'm in limbo too. Keep me informed mate and I will do the same xxx

I waited 6 weeks after seeing the surgeon, but I never received a letter so if I hadn't kept on ringing I wouldn't have known about the appointment, so I would advise you to ring every week to see if you have an appointment, Karen x

I was told that it would be a 6-8 week wait for the endoscopy appointment when I saw the surgeon on Feb 2nd. However, as I'm travelling backwards and forwards from Amsterdam for my appointments, I called the endoscopy department and asked if they could fit me in in the same week as I have another (unrelated) appointment. Mine's now put in place for April 5. Might be worth ringing that department?

Hi Joanna Iv foned that dept the other day and said the surgeon hadn't made a list yet and set a date. But I will be foning endoscopy middle of next week again to see about a date. I went to see mr balupuri on the 31st jan so we are very close in our journeys to a new and health life xxxx

Take care x

Hi Ladies, just to update you I've just spoken to the endoscopy department and the lists have now been made up. I've got an appointment on 24th March although my letter hasn't been issued yet. I was put on waiting list on 12th January so waiting list is about 10 weeks at the minute but if you're waiting for an appointment it might be worth calling to see if your appointment has been made.

Hard dieting for me for the next 10 days to make sure my weight is below what I was last time I was weighted!!!!

good luck Deb x

Good luck :)

Back