• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Richards pulled through for me....

oh god yeah we are !! :D are you at chichester as well? see you're in northampton so not likely but just wondered as some do come from far afield for the illustrious Mr Slater!! He has some serious rep doesn't he :) I thought I was having Mr Somers but a shame i'm not really as was looking forward to having him but nevermind Mr Slater will do me proud regardless :D

No, not at Chichester. I am having my op with Mr Ammori in Manchester. I considered Mr Somers or Mr Slater but it was too far to get to for me. We will be losers together.

Thanks for all the lovely comments, isn't it nice to be on the receiving end at last? All that waiting I am certain makes it much more meaningful. The waiting has made me see how much this surgery means to me I was in such a state yesterday morning then to get the phone call, i couldn't believe it!

My boyfriend and I have been together for nearing 3 years now and we bought a house together back in march so I am sort of in a place where I want to make things work if they get a bit tough and perhaps our relationship might not run the term of my WL but then that is his loss at the end of the day and a new life for me elsewhere. My folks live in South Wales, i'd love to start a new life up there one day and maybe commute to Cardiff or something. That would be great but who knows. I was trying to settle as i've moved around constantly since i was 18 and my bf's family are the absolute bee's knees!! (sorry to be cheesy but they are!) its just a shame my bf isn't quite up to scratch. He is very childish and its enormously frustrating but I live with it but for how long is another unknown inevitability. Watch this space....i'm focusing on me for now :D
Thank you again soooooooooo much xxxxxxxxx love Laura xxxxxxxxx

Well after all my whining and anxiety and lack of sleep since July I had my face rubbed in it yesterday and I got the phonecall from St Richards Hospital in Chichester offering me a date for surgery. I thought I was gonna be sick I really couldn't believe, they caught me so off guard as I was on the phone to my office on my work line. ARGH!!! Anyway, my pre-op is on 6th November and the surgery is 27th November with Mr Slater. So its 4 weeks on Friday, ooooooh errrr!!! Am really excited although its not quite hit me yet. Unfortunately my boyfriend isn't as supportive, he didn't want me to have it originally and we had a bit of a barny last night. Nothing I can do really he'll have to accept it or leave me! He wants me to lose weight the "normal" way and i got so angry with him i defended all and sundry over that comment, stupid pr**k came to mind but i love him and he loves me so maybe we will come through it together. Who knows. All I'm thinking about now is my bright future and the fact that i now have 3 weeks in which to get all my christmas shopping done and arrange everything with work who in this economic crisis have finally decided they want me to use my last weeks holiday as part of the sick leave as i'll be off pretty much for the whole of December. Can't have it all our way eh!? lol. oh well, i got my date thats all that matters. Oh and anyone who is wondering about Mandyl she has been texting me and appears the "blip" which ahs kept her in (she is still in) was she couldn't drink and is very dehydrated so they won't let her go until she starts drinking properly. She is a bit teary but i've given her a pep talk and told her at least she isn't suffering at home alone like she was before xxxxxxxxx

OMG ... that's wonderful. Guess what, we are in together on the same day ... so I'll guess that I'll see you then Laura ...

What date is your pre op on? I'm 13th November.

That is awful news regarding Mandy, didn't realise she was still in - was just thinking about her. But she has only been in for 5 days so ... I'm sure they will get everything ok for her.

Yipeee, I'm so excited for you - and that I'm going to know someone in there too ... better still

Julie

Thanks for all the lovely comments, isn't it nice to be on the receiving end at last? All that waiting I am certain makes it much more meaningful. The waiting has made me see how much this surgery means to me I was in such a state yesterday morning then to get the phone call, i couldn't believe it!

My boyfriend and I have been together for nearing 3 years now and we bought a house together back in march so I am sort of in a place where I want to make things work if they get a bit tough and perhaps our relationship might not run the term of my WL but then that is his loss at the end of the day and a new life for me elsewhere. My folks live in South Wales, i'd love to start a new life up there one day and maybe commute to Cardiff or something. That would be great but who knows. I was trying to settle as i've moved around constantly since i was 18 and my bf's family are the absolute bee's knees!! (sorry to be cheesy but they are!) its just a shame my bf isn't quite up to scratch. He is very childish and its enormously frustrating but I live with it but for how long is another unknown inevitability. Watch this space....i'm focusing on me for now :D
Thank you again soooooooooo much xxxxxxxxx love Laura xxxxxxxxx
Hi Laura, well done you, just think of number one all the way through and you will do just fine. Lots of love and hugs... thinking of you xxx

Congrats on your date hun,take your mum with you to appointment but tell your bf that this is your life and health and if he wont support you 100 per cent then that is his problem.If he is worried about the surgery then that is one thing but he seems a bit controlling and immature/insecure.Dont let your love of his family cloud your thinking.Have you told his mum how he is with you over this?What if you want kids in the future?Some men want you fat and stuck at home with a gang of kids.Sorry but its true once you are off the scene thats it,you lose friends and become isolated.He sounds threatened by this surgery,talk it out but stay strong.This is your life grab it with both hands and FLY!

Congrats on your surgery date :D

Things with your boyfriend will work out Im sure, just remember the surgery is for YOU.
To put a bee in the hney so to speak, he 'could' walk out on you tomorrow or next year. Im not saying he will but I hope you understand my meaning. If you rely on hoping he will come round prior to surgery you are wasting your time, sorry didnt mean to sound so mean.;)

You have to do this for you and you alone. Its your body,health and life.

I hope that he does realise why your doing it and Im sure his attitude is fear more than anything. Just remember the goal and why you are doing it, for a healthier life. :D

Congratulations in getting the date for your opp, you must be so pleased. My OH was the same kept on about me losing it "normaly" the thing is we have been together 27years and he has seen me take it of put it on etc etc. I thought he would be more understanding, so I purposely chose to go to all my appt's on me own and told him 2 weeks before the opp. I wouldn't do this if I had my chance again, he was shocked when he seen me after the opp. Although I rallied round really quickly and went in on Sat out on Mon. So I would say definatley take him to your appt, get him to come on this site, give him as much info as poss. If all that fails remember this opp is for YOU and your health.

Take Care
Jean

Back