• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

STARTED BACK AT WORK

MITZ

Hi
I started back to work on Monday 4th april
I am 5 months post op.
I am only working half days at the mo, preparing small meals and eating well at work. Then I get home and I am just a complete mess. I have gone back to all the stress and low moral that was present at work back in October last year, and I feel like I have gone back to the habits. I am full but still eating cause I really dont want to be there and am fearful of the future.

I start a new role in June, at the mo I have no job as that ended in November while I was off as part of the restructure, so I am helping my current boss and colleague out to pass time. Sat at the computer in a new base temporarily.

I am off for a week now. Going to Cornwall Monday - I am so glad. I am just more active and more careful without all the added stresses of work, then home is no better, that's a whole new story :cry:.

Has anyone got any tips on how to deal with being away, and also with how to survive after coming home after a day at work.

All responses are welcomed please

Hope your all enjoying the glorious weather

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new so I don't know your history, can I ask why you are only going back to work now 5 months post op?

I was recently made redundant and I was hoping to be ready to get a new job a couple of months post op, is that an unrealistic expectation?

Hello, I'm new so I don't know your history, can I ask why you are only going back to work now 5 months post op?

I was recently made redundant and I was hoping to be ready to get a new job a couple of months post op, is that an unrealistic expectation?

Hi
I wasnt too good at all after my bypass, struggled a lot, things are greatly improved but I still have some problems. I also have had quite bad depression/stress/anxiety due to work and my personal life and the surgery impacted on that too. Still not quite ready, but it was a case of having to :-/

Back