• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back to Work for me Tomorrow

Staffiemum

:wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:
Well I have had my 6 weeks re-cuperation and Im due back at work tomorrow. Didnt go to bed until 3am this morning was back up at 4 am. I couldnt sleep. Im really flagging now!!!!!!

Ive got it all in my head what I need to discuss with my unsupportive Manager. But just in case I have written some notes down as well.

The Occ Health have suggested that I have a phased return to work lets see if my Manager tries to wriggle out of it. But I am going to stay firm and point out that it is a suggestion from the Occ Health.

Will let you know how I get on tomorrow. xxx

good luck Staffie, dont let the guvnor bully you xxx

Good Luck and stick to your guns x x

i went back today for half a shift (start at 1.44 and out by 5.26) it was nice and easy as we stopped work at 3.30 due to a robot breaking down ............tomorrow might be different though but it was if i had'nt of had any time off ....mind you my shoulder aches but the muscle will soon come back :D:D:D:D

hey Staffiemum xx

is the occ health person someone from hospital or doctors who has suggested the phased return to work?

im under the impression il be off for 6 weeks then go bk on light duties on the tills (i work at tesco on the deli counter) for around 4 weeks, i only work short shifts as it is so im hoping this will be ok, but if i will get the proffessionals advice and back up then tht would be better, employers would have you bk at work the day after ur op if they could!

longer im off the better hehe :)

hey Staffiemum xx

is the occ health person someone from hospital or doctors who has suggested the phased return to work?

im under the impression il be off for 6 weeks then go bk on light duties on the tills (i work at tesco on the deli counter) for around 4 weeks, i only work short shifts as it is so im hoping this will be ok, but if i will get the proffessionals advice and back up then tht would be better, employers would have you bk at work the day after ur op if they could!

longer im off the better hehe :)

The OH professional is employed by your Company however the role of OH should be to provide independant and impartial advice (this is certainly how I operate!).... GPs do have some responsibility with the new 'fit note' x

i think i have got crossed wires somewhere i'm sure i asked my surgeon how long i would need to be off work after my bypass and he said 2 weeks?? im not grumbling about having longer off but what is the average? i am a nurse and work 13 hour shifts so its pretty tough going.

I would have thought as a nurse ( as I am ) 2 weeks would not be enough even if you have a non lifting policy , there is still patient handling & you are having major abdominal surgery , lol I don't need to tell you do I :) , I'm banking on 6 weeks off

i think i have got crossed wires somewhere i'm sure i asked my surgeon how long i would need to be off work after my bypass and he said 2 weeks?? im not grumbling about having longer off but what is the average? i am a nurse and work 13 hour shifts so its pretty tough going.

I also met recently a person at work (an external training consultant who was visiting our firm) who had the op and only took 2 weeks off an was then back at work.

However, obviously she is a freelance trainer and can work hours and days that suit her, so poss nowhere near as demanding as 13 hour shifts as a nurse.

I think the more physically demanding your own job is, the more you need to be careful, think ahead, possibly plan a longer re-cuperation and phased return to work (I'm sure the NHS offer Occ Health assessments and phased returns, our firm does and it's not a medical or government body).

thanks for the info pigsgalore :)

Back