• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

STARVING - 1 WEEK IN!

bexxx1978

I had my band a week ago today as some of you know and i'm absolutely starving! I have healed really well and quickly and had no sickness or side effects. I have lived on Heinz soup but its not filling my big fat tummy now!:cry:

I have no fill in my band and don't have a fill until January!
Any ideas on what will satisfy me?! I had w weetabix and warm milk this morning as something different (there was one weetabix and about 300ml of milk so it was more of a grainy milkshake!)
Being stuck behind my desk at work makes it 10 times harder

I just don't want to undo what i have lost already by eating the wrong stuff!
How long was it before any banders went on to pureed food and such like?!

Any advice would be great :)
xx

bexxx1978 said:
I had my band a week ago today as some of you know and i'm absolutely starving! I have healed really well and quickly and had no sickness or side effects. I have lived on Heinz soup but its not filling my big fat tummy now!:cry:

I have no fill in my band and don't have a fill until January!
Any ideas on what will satisfy me?! I had w weetabix and warm milk this morning as something different (there was one weetabix and about 300ml of milk so it was more of a grainy milkshake!)
Being stuck behind my desk at work makes it 10 times harder

I just don't want to undo what i have lost already by eating the wrong stuff!
How long was it before any banders went on to pureed food and such like?!

Any advice would be great :)
xx

Hi bexxx, I wasn't too bad, my appetite only came back two weeks after op which was lucky because that's when I moved on to pureéd food. Have you been having protein shakes or you can try vegetable drinks,they can be quite filling. Other than that I don't know sorry. It's amazing you've healed so well. I still am getting twinges on my left hand side and I'm 3 weeks post op on Wednesday. Good luck x

Hi bexxx, I wasn't too bad, my appetite only came back two weeks after op which was lucky because that's when I moved on to pureéd food. Have you been having protein shakes or you can try vegetable drinks,they can be quite filling. Other than that I don't know sorry. It's amazing you've healed so well. I still am getting twinges on my left hand side and I'm 3 weeks post op on Wednesday. Good luck x
Im not a massive fan of the shakes but i think i'm gonna give them another try tomorrow! I can't sleep on my left side but other than that i'm amazed!
Thanks for your advice xx

Hi Bexxx,
I had my op 3.5 weeks ago.
I did 10 days on the liquid only diet, my nutritionalist phoned me and I asked her if I could move onto stage 2 any quicker as I don't really like soup at the best of times and I got sick of the sight of it after the liver reduction diet. She said after 10 days was fine for me as I was healing well and young (so apparently would heal quicker). But that was just me- so I would say to definately check with your provider first.
Have you tried smoothies? They seemed to fill me up and I also love them!
When I was on liquids only I was having a slim fast for breakfast, smoothie for lunch and a yoghurt for dinner. Xx

100% check with your provider first before 'eating' anything else!

Most banders are on liquids only for 2 weeks.

I had:

Smoothies
Soups
Milk shakes
Yoghurt drinks
Slim fast

Cup a soups between 'meals'

I woke up hungry from the op, feeling hunger is perfectly normal so have something if you feel you need to.

I will do thanks! I'm worried about undoing what I've done but I know I need something more - but in liquid form. It's onl y another few days And I will be onto the next stage! Prob just having a moan lol! I'll call em tomorrow and see if I can try anything else!
Thanks for your help x

Grin n bear it hun...you will feel better once you can get mushies in!!!! x

Just tried to pm you but it won't let me...x

Oat so simple ....

This stage is not v nice but just bear in mind it's not too long now before you get on to mushies;-) I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my first mushy meal of cheesy mash lol!

Hi Bex, bot long now and you'll be on mushies.... I bet you've planned your first meal already- I know I did! Lol xx

Hi Bex, bot long now and you'll be on mushies.... I bet you've planned your first meal already- I know I did! Lol xx
Whooo the mushy stage is here....Porridge jacket pots and anything i can get my hands on for tea lol - normally been more porridge lol!!!!
I am due my first fill 3rd Jan so i need to be good til then and make sure i dont undo what i have done!
Thank you all for your help!
xxxxxxxx:D

I know how you feel ... I've got 6 days left on the liquid .. I feel really low and having days I just cry ... Roll on the mush xxx

Back