• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band - I'm starving

Juliet5792

It's nearly 2 weeks since my second fill and until today it was working well. Today though is a different story. I'm absolutley starving - no kidding. I'd eaten my luch sandwiches by 10.30 only 2 hours after breakfast and have been hungry ever since!!
At luch i went into town and had to resist the bakery and the urge to buy large sausage roll and cram into my mouth, instead i bought dried apple to chew and its not helping!!!!
Arg, i could eat my hand/arm etc including the desk!!
Is this normal??

Hi there,

Until you get really good restriction hunger is a pain in the ass...try drinking water when you feel really hungry as we can often mistake hunger for thirst.

Instead of carb based lunch and snacks, try protein based ones, as these are better for you and keep you fuller for longer.

When I am really hungry I nibble on low fat cheese or lean cooked chicken.

keep on trucking though, as you get more restriction it does get a bit easier but head hunger can sometimes win, so loads of will power will be needed to stay focused.

Good luck with rest of your journey :)

I was like that too until I reached my sweet spot, as Cazbandy said try and eat high protein foods that will fill you up for longer.

By some clip containers to keep in your handbag and have them filled full of ham, chicken etc so when you feel hungry you can nibble away and try and keep your hunger at bay

It gets easier as you get better restriction :)

Im having one of them days, ice had:

1/4 tin of baked beans

4 cherry tomatoes

5 tea spoons of spag bol

4 low fat crackers with marmite on

feel such a pig lol

Thanks for the advice, will try the snacking on protein idea. I've had my tea now so am much happier bunny, am thinking i'll be needing my third fill soon tho :)

Im having one of them days, ice had:

1/4 tin of baked beans

4 cherry tomatoes

5 tea spoons of spag bol

4 low fat crackers with marmite on

feel such a pig lol

Emm, that's very very low amounts and where is the protein apart from the mince in spag bol? ;) Be care eating too little, believe me it can make weightloss stall...

I got told off for eating too little and doing do little, hence why I had slowed right down.

Been asked to up calories to 1600 and to do 30 mins exercise twice a day!

Back