• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st fill today woohoo

I am going to have my first fill on wednesday and I am scared!! I hate needles. I don't think mine will be with xray as it is at his surgery. It is a bit disheartening when I read how the fill does not help some people. I thought it would work all the time. I have nothing in my band at the moment but can eat more now. I will try and keep faith that the fill and my willpower will work for me. Nice to hear other peoples experiences. x

Awh don't get upset Hun, the exact same thing happened to me, I was devastated at having to wait a month, but they told me you can't have one any sooner than that. I was in holiday too which was hard, but it will fly by. Enjoy your holiday and look forward to next months fill! Xx who is your provider? My is THG x

Hi Bikerlady,

I wasn't told that you had to wait a month between fills, just that 5 weeks from next monday is the next available date! I am mightily fed up and if i was allowed to swear i would!

I have been using my fitness friend app, to stay below 1200 calories a day and that is working, but i have no restriction and my "band tool" is not being a tool yet!

I am with The National Obesity Centre, they are more expensive, but you do get post op counselling which helps with the head hunger and i thought that was a priority for me.

Hoep your next fill helps more.

Claire x

I am going to have my first fill on wednesday and I am scared!! I hate needles. I don't think mine will be with xray as it is at his surgery. It is a bit disheartening when I read how the fill does not help some people. I thought it would work all the time. I have nothing in my band at the moment but can eat more now. I will try and keep faith that the fill and my willpower will work for me. Nice to hear other peoples experiences. x

Hi
I am terrified of needles too and to be honest nearly got off the table and ran when i saw the size of the needle they used to draw up the saline! But then the nurse showed me the needle that goes into your port and it's tiny!! They also go through your scar which means the nerve ends there are deadened and i didn't feel anything!

Don't worry about other people's experiences cause we are all different, some have had a great result on their first fill, others not so, but for me, i will not stop losing weight until i get to the sweet spot, it is just harder keeping the faith!

HTH
Claire x

Please try not to get too disheartened. It takes time to find the right amount of fill that will make all the difference. I have had mu band just over 7 months and have had 3 fills and it is only now I am realising what having restriction is all about. You will get there.

tranquil x

Well i spoke with my provider and they agreed i needed another fill, so today i got my appointment through the post and it's for the 25th July! A whole month away! I am gutted and nearly in tears, i have no restriction and have to wait 5 weeks including my holiday on will power alone.
I am feeling quite disappointed as will power alone can be done without spending nearly £7000! So much for private medicine!

hang in there loopy. i have no restriction at all. its my willpower that is keeping me going. and i am exercising too. u have 4 weeks for ur next fill, i have to wait till august as they close in July.... OMG!!!:(:(:(

Back