• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stayed the same this week - how come?

princesszippie

I am now 1 day off 6 week being post op. I have not lost any weight this week. I cant quite work out why as I must be burning more cals than eating. I am eating enough, I know some people dont but now I worry if I am eating too much, but surely not.

Any advice :confused:welcomed

Pls dont worry about staying the same, u can stall at any time. I am 12 weeks and have stalled 4 times already the first time being day 6 for 3.5 weeks :(
A stall is normal and its just ur body catching up with all the massive changes that has happened since ur op and can last a few days to a few weeks.
Measure urself as most times if u stall for more than a week or 2 u would of def shrunk.
I am sure its not down to eating 2 much as at the stage u r at its highly impossible, unless ur having about 2000 cals a day :)
I know its disheartening when we stall but pls dont think ur doing anything wrong as this is all part and parcel of wls.
Hope that has helped u, take care luv Roch xxx

Lol just realised u had ur op on my birthday :)

Pls dont worry about staying the same, u can stall at any time. I am 12 weeks and have stalled 4 times already the first time being day 6 for 3.5 weeks :(
A stall is normal and its just ur body catching up with all the massive changes that has happened since ur op and can last a few days to a few weeks.
Measure urself as most times if u stall for more than a week or 2 u would of def shrunk.
I am sure its not down to eating 2 much as at the stage u r at its highly impossible, unless ur having about 2000 cals a day :)
I know its disheartening when we stall but pls dont think ur doing anything wrong as this is all part and parcel of wls.
Hope that has helped u, take care luv Roch xxx

Lol just realised u had ur op on my birthday :)
Snap, it was my birthday the day of my op too, hopefully by my next birthday I will feel much happier with my appearance. Thanks Roch

Snap, it was my birthday the day of my op too, hopefully by my next birthday I will feel much happier with my appearance. Thanks Roch

Lol we are twins :) am sure u will be at goal by our next birthday and feeling fab.
I hope my post put ur mind at ease a bit xx

hi princess
yep stalls happen all the time.
my theory is that u stop loosing weight so that ur body has time to catch up cos these stalls are when my inches come off.
xx

A stall about 6 weeks out is normal apparently - its the body's way of reacting to the fact that it thinks its being starved - which of course it is!!

It takes about 6 weeks for it to realise that there isn't as much food going in as its used to and to the end result is a stall

Try measuring yourself - wish I'd done it pre-op (even if the tape wouldn't have been long enough ;) ) bet you see a difference there

Hope you lose again soon

Angela xx

Back