• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help what am i doing wrong ??

judybrowneyes

Hi everyone not sure what is going on after loosing about stone on the free liquids now i am on sloppies i am not loosing anything grrrr dont understand am i eating too much ?? ok today wht i have had is
breakfast ww diet yogurt 48 cals one mini babybel light cheese 50 cals
mid morning snack one mini babybel light cheese 50 cals
lunch shepherds pie count on us 210 calories
snack banana medium 110 cals

dinner not sure yet but most probably soup fruit and yoghurt... I feel so disillusioned i was not expecting to loose a couple of pounds at least per week on a bypass i thought the idea that you dont even assorbed all the calories you consume so help !!!! any suggestions welcome my hospital have told me not to worry it will come off but suddenly i am not so sure

when you start putting food in your body can go into starvation mode as and will store it as it doesn't know when it will be fed again, stick with it and will start again there have been lots of people that have gone through a similar thing especially around the transition from liquid to sloopies stage. I'm sure someone will be along to explain it a bit better or can speak from 1st hand experience. It will start agian honestly.

Thanks Terri... will hang in there in a way i wished th hospital would have warned me this could happen there suggestion was weigh once a month lol... giving up eating some foods might be hard but weighing just oncew a month cant see me doing that somehow lol anyway congrats on your weight loss that is brilliant!!! Jude xx

Hi
might you be due on? When I was dieting hard before I'd find that the week b4 nothing would shift and the following week I''d loose twice as much.

hang on in there cos we all know it does work

Hi Judy,

Terri has already given you the right advice. Its fairly common for you to have a plateau at this stage whilst your body gets used to receiving food again. Dont worry hun. The weight simply has to come off.

COncentrate on your fluids, your meds and protein. The rest will look after itself.

Thanks Terri... will hang in there in a way i wished th hospital would have warned me this could happen there suggestion was weigh once a month lol... giving up eating some foods might be hard but weighing just oncew a month cant see me doing that somehow lol anyway congrats on your weight loss that is brilliant!!! Jude xx

Please correct me someone, as I would like to know too...but Judy is your diet a bit high in carbs?...perhaps?

You have still lost over 2 stone Judy and like Terri says your body is going through a transitional period and will go into starvation mode too...maybe increasing proteins will help.

All the best, don't be too downhearted.

~hugs~

hi judy dont despair!
Im 3wks post-op, i lost 2 stone including pre-op diet in 4wks now 10days later i havent lost another pound and im still on fluids!!!

lisa xxx

thanks for all your encouragement everyone, I guess i just have to give it time , looking at what other bypassers are eating wondering if i am eating too much?? for sure i am not drinking enough fluids find it hard to fit it all in lol . I will keep a diary to see if different foods have a better effect...

Lisa that is a great weight loss well done!! so strange isnt it re the plateaus so early but maybe it is due to the body's feast vs famine lol UOTE=Lisa J;1669634]hi judy dont despair!
Im 3wks post-op, i lost 2 stone including pre-op diet in 4wks now 10days later i havent lost another pound and im still on fluids!!!

lisa xxx[/QUOTE]

Judy you are doing it right, and no you are not eating too much or too many carbs. Sometimes our bodies give us a fight before the let go of fat stores. It is normal and nothing to worry about.

However, I can't let you go without at least a finger wag over your fluids. Lack of hydration puts your body under extreme stress and cause all kinds of things like no weight loss, mood swings, lack of focus, headaches etc, you get the point. YOU MUST DRINK, believe it or not it is actually more important than food because we do have large stores of food in fat form but we have no water reserve. Every sip counts and the more you can get in, the better you will feel. Okay, so done with the finger wagging!

Nic;)

nic thats brilliant advice ! but it said i cant rep ya :mad:

Nic I am sipping & sipping alien as it is to me lol lol ah so here lies a problem its a new habit that needs to be learned for sure thanks for the encouragement and great advice so another lessons patience with my body!!! .... seem to have loads for others but expect so much from myself and my poor body lol now where is that drink...;-)
Judy you are doing it right, and no you are not eating too much or too many carbs. Sometimes our bodies give us a fight before the let go of fat stores. It is normal and nothing to worry about.

However, I can't let you go without at least a finger wag over your fluids. Lack of hydration puts your body under extreme stress and cause all kinds of things like no weight loss, mood swings, lack of focus, headaches etc, you get the point. YOU MUST DRINK, believe it or not it is actually more important than food because we do have large stores of food in fat form but we have no water reserve. Every sip counts and the more you can get in, the better you will feel. Okay, so done with the finger wagging!

Nic;)

I am 5 months post op and have no interest in food at all and Have to force myself to eat Aint worth cooking for one lol

Back