• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still got Trapped Wind

Red 42

novice bypasser
Hi Folks

I'm still not able to burp yet after 4 days...I've tried, gripe water, Windeze, mint tea and have been quite mobile since I came home...but feel so full just under my ribcage that I don't feel able to take a decent breath in :cry:

can anyone recommend an over the counter remedy that I can try that is guaranteed to give me some relief? (other that those above) I feel that if I could burp, I 'd feel wonderful :sigh:

thanks
Yvonne xxx

Just keep moving around as much as possible. I know you said you allready are but after trying all the other stuff its really the only way to shift it!

God luck x

thanks Mazza

I'm going to try a walk out today as Husband is off work, so this may do the trick...have worn a track in the carpet at home so could do with a change of scenery :rolleyes:

Know what you mean, will do you good to get some fresh air. Plus if not many people are around when the wind does come free no one will hear it lol x

hi i had a bypass but had same proplem i found a hot water bottle helped sounds daft but it worked for me x x sarah

hi red after having the windeze or the gripe water then the best possible thing to move the wind is movement. the more you move the quicker you wil get better.

liz x

It will suddenly ease! I suffered terribly and sympathise completely - the pain is dreadful and makes you tense so that in turn makes it all worse. It made me breathless and I found I couldn't take in enough fluids which worried me, so I juat sip, sip, sipped half juice and water. 4 days is only a short time, you will get through this, and won't believe how well you feel once it eases. Phone the hospital if you are really unsure. x x x

Hey Yv,
I found some breathing exercises in Dolan park that we were meant to be told about, and they got my wind shifting.

You breathe in slowly for a count of two (it hurts, but do it slowly and it does work), hold for a count of 2, and breathe out slowly for a count of 2. Repeat this 3 times.

I usually do this little routine fairly often throughout the day, and it usually brings a burp or a furp with it :p

Hope you feel less stacked with bubbles soon bab

Yvonne!! I am going through the exact same thing! Can't burp to save my life! I'm having a bit of tightness & burning as well in my chest (feels like I need to burb and can't). Called the nurse this morning. She told me to try Gaviscon (think that's for the burning, though). She says to keep moving for the wind (sorry to repeat what's been said!). Mine is still trapped in my shoulders - would love it to go!

Good to hear I'm not the only one having a breakdown - my poor husband must be ready to send me away! Seems at night I have a bit of a cry because I'm exhausted and in pain! But I must say, it's getting a bit better everyday. So I'm gonna keep moving and keep believing that it will all be better soon!

Take care of yourself and keep posting - helps us all know we're not alone in the whole experience!

I got my hubby to give my back a really good rub like you would a baby it did wonders i thought i would not be able to breath but this really helped plus walk and walk good luck you will get there even though you feel bad remember you are not on your own it helps lots.

Hi All, thanks for all your replies.

have been to the coast today (only 30 mins away or Redcar for those who live up North :p) and had a nice long walk along the sea front, the weather's been lovely.
Anyway, I'm suprised at how far I managed to walk and how well I felt, but still not managing a burp....(bubbling slightly downover though :eek:) so have got some Infacol to try.

had a little lick of Hubbys lemon top (ice cream) but declined fish & chips :woohoo:
I'm finding yoghurt and smoothies too thick so have got complan to try...warm drinks seem to go down better at the moment....it's strange not feeling hungry :confused: so I'm having to make myself have something just to make sure I get enough goodness in for energy.

hopefully each day will get better, but no matter how much you think you're prepared for the wind business, you can't imagine it until you have it :479:

best wishes
Yvonne xx

Hey Yv,

Glad to hear youve had a nice day, walk on the beach sounds lovely, as did the lemontop.

Im sat here with one weeping gooey port scar :9529:and another one of my scars has popped open and is bleeding everywhere.I am really emotional and cannot stop crying this evening- have lost the plot methinks:wave_cry:

Hi Emma

I too have a lovely glowing red & gooey scar...my port scar is nice and neat but it's the other big one that looks mankey...I think they must have let a class of pre school kids loose with the glue on that one :yuk: and its all sticky and oozing underneath.

don't leave it too long, go and see your GP's nurse...I'm going to see ours at 2pm and might ask her about the burping business (or lack of) as I'm afraid to force it incase I make myself sick.

Yvonne xx

Back