• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stitched popped

teen

post op loser
Anyone else have a stitch pop open and how long did it take to heal up. Mine is still weeping and has been for just over 2 weeks now. Finished my course of antibiotics District nurse says it aint infected now but its still weeping a reddy brown clear liquid(sorry if that sounds gross)

going doctors again on wednesday so will ask about it again Nurse said it will heal on its own and wont need a stitch putting in

Nurse came out thursday the weeping has got a bit less but its still there She is coming to see me again thursday She left me plenty of dressing The hole seems to be getting smaller

Thanx for the advise

Hi Teen, If the nurse said its not infected, and you said its getting smaller then I would try your best not to worry.

If you have a Dr's appointment on wednesday though I would show him just to be on safe side.

Keep it clean and show your GP.

Hiya

Mine came open and was infected but it soon cleared up i kept it open and just kept it dry and clean. i even had one of my internal stiches poke a hole and pop out like a whisker but that dissolved after a few weeks.

As long as you dont have a hole that goes all the way through to your insides your be fine , just keep a eye on it and make sure the doctor see's it.

i had a stitch that popped, they took a swab so they could prescribe the correct antibiotics as i was given the wrong type at 1st, ask them to swab it.

liz

Anyone else have a stitch pop open and how long did it take to heal up. Mine is still weeping and has been for just over 2 weeks now. Finished my course of antibiotics District nurse says it aint infected now but its still weeping a reddy brown clear liquid(sorry if that sounds gross)
Hi, I had exactly the same thing, it's only just started to look as if the scabbing is falling off, it's not as uneven and bumpy as before and has now stopped weeping. Hopefully urs will do the same x;)

Hi there

My wound opened up in 4 places after my staples were removed. Three places were not that big but I had one that was probably about an inch long. My wound leaked a brown/red clearish fluid really badly from a few of the openings for a good few weeks. At the worst as soon as I stood up or bent over the fluid could be seen pouring out. I was told by the District Nurse that it is n't infection its just some fluid thats built up behind the staples etc and its perfectly normal and not to worry about it. Despite my wound being open I was fortunate never to have an infection, which I was sure I was going to get as it was a reopening of an old scar and now two months later its just about healed up. I have only two sections open now and one is about a 1/4 of a cm and the other is about 1/2 a cm so I'm expecting by last week that it will all be healed.

These things take time, just think of the trauma your body has gone through and realise that sometimes it does n't heal over night.

Alia xxx

yes Alia thats what was happening when i bent over it was if I had triggered a pump lol

Strange i never had any problems like this, i had internal stitches and one poked out, but the outside was sealed with surgical tape sutures and covered with large dressings, which i removed at 10 days post op. All the small holes had sealed up, and the stitch poking out dissolved within a few weeks !

Sorry to hear about the stitches. I didn't have any external stitches at all. As far as I can tell I was glued together. All I had when I removed my dressing was gauze and surgical waterproof dressing.

Back