• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stoke-on-Trent PCT???????

jinkles

Hi does anyone know what the criteria is for tummy tuck and breast lift funding for stoke-on-trent.
I have tried to google it and have contacted my local dept but still have got nowhere.
thanks
x x

SarahSez

Hi I can't help much - i think i vaguely remember 2bandsliz putting a link on somewhere about different pct's critieria a couple of weeks ago. My pct will only do a tummy tuck for weight loss so definitely no whole body lift or breast lift.

You can also search this site only for posts. You've probably done that already though.

In the meantime you may want to check out this post:
http://www.minimins.com/advice-plastic-surgery-after-weight-loss/88032-tummy-tucks-nhs.html

gbone

I used to be super obese
I've got the funding approval for the tummy tuck from stoke on trent pct and the criteria is a bmi below 26 with some midline abdominal weakness,however no one examined me and I am not sure I have that.If you want the guidelines go to minton house on london road stoke and they will give them to you but it is only the 2 criteria mentioned above,as for the breast thing I have no idea but the sheet minton house gave me included every procedure and the criteria.

My doc applied for the funding wjhen my bmi was still 28 or so and had a letter back saying they would fund it if the bmi was below 26,as soon as my bmi was 25.9 the gp wrote to confirm and 2 weeks later I had a letter from the pct saying my request for funding had been approved,and |I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow it should have been 5 weeks ago but they cancelled.

How ever my friend had a bypass and the doctor who referred her for the bypass wont apply for funding,where I lost the weight on my own and my gp was more than happy to apply and write several times to remind them on,whether the fact I didnt have the bypass helped who knows.lets hope your GP is on board

meena

wow this is scary stuff. do you find that most people have a lot of extra skin left over. i have got to loose about six stones. how can i avoid it.

gbone

I used to be super obese
wow this is scary stuff. do you find that most people have a lot of extra skin left over. i have got to loose about six stones. how can i avoid it.

In a word depending how fat you are and where you hold your fat,you cant.I lost the weight naturally including intense weightlifting,and everywhere else I am solid muscular bloke now(some people end up a lot worse than me) but I have been left with an apron of saggy empty stretched out skin that no amount of diet and exercvise can shift.I went from a 60-62" waist down to a 34" thats not like losing a couple of stone.

with only six stone to lose it could go either way but be prepared for the worst then you wont be disappointed.

some people recommend creams and what not but I wouldnt hold your breath for people like me who lose massive amounts of weight you are pretty much screwed:lol:

meena

you make me smile when you say only six stone. to me it feels like a mountain but i guess there are a lot of people who have lost a lot more than that.

you mention size of your waist. did you take measurements before you started to diet and how often have you measured again.

gbone

I used to be super obese
you make me smile when you say only six stone. to me it feels like a mountain but i guess there are a lot of people who have lost a lot more than that.

you mention size of your waist. did you take measurements before you started to diet and how often have you measured again.

The first day I took pictures and measurements everywhere and it was the best thing I ever did,when I started I was 26 stone give or take and the first two months I dropped about 3 stone and couldnt tell but the pics and the measurements keep you motivated,even now to me I still look and feel like a fat guy yet in pics I am totally normal its like I am looking at a pic of somebody else.

I took pics and measurements every week at least.

Also with the measurements there might be times when you lose nothing but an inch lost here and there (its surprising where you can drop inches from even places you dont think you're fat)is good for motivation,its not all about the scale.

I probably have pictures of every pound I lost and it is frightening to think thats how I was and those pics will stop me ever putting myself in that hole again they are pinned to my fridge door.

meena

wow your loss is impressive well done. i dont own a camera so i cant do the pictures but i can take measurements and weigh myself so will have to use them instead.

gbone

I used to be super obese
wow your loss is impressive well done. i dont own a camera so i cant do the pictures but i can take measurements and weigh myself so will have to use them instead.

seriously try to get hold of a camera even if you lend one once a month weight loss plays tricks with your perception of how you look and seeing the progress in those pics is worth a million measurements,but thats just me