• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hiya :)

amy-marie

Hi im amy from stoke on trent,im 22 and really overweight for my height at 5ft2 and a half im 16 and a half stone. Ive had trouble with my weight all my life ive never been that small and after having 3 kids its really took its toll on my body, i have tried dieting but that never really worked, anyway my doctor said he could refer me for a gastric band but im really unsure i want to lose weight more than anything but i have 3 kids under the age of 5 and a single mum so i really dont know. Anyone else have young kids and had a similar op i would be greatfull to talk to and anyone elses opinions thanks alot amy x:)

:welcome:Hi Ya Amy. I just wanted to say Welcome, And Happy New Year from another shorty.

You sound quite down, so I hope someone comes along to help you. I can't help with the kids thingy and how difficult is is, but I am sure someone will be along tomorrow, as it is quite late now. There maybe someone from your area who can advise too, as sometimes there are weight management classes though the NHS that you might get onto first in your area. I know a young girl in my area, who when to the weight management bit before surgery, and is actually loosing weight and has postponed surgery for a while to see if she can maintain and keep the weight off.

I hope you get some answers. Best of luck and wishes. Trisha

Hi Amy and welcome Hun, I'm Laura I'm 25 and got two lovely little boys one who's just turned 7 one who's 7 months... I'm due to have a gastric bypass sometime in feb-march at first I was very scared a quite against having an operation for the simple fact I don't want to die... I wanna b here to see my kids grow up but then I realised the reality is if I don't have the op I'll die and won't get to see my kids grow up... Ild say do ur research on both the op and the surgeon who will b performing the op... I come to the conclusion that if it was me having to b put to sleep for my tonsils out or having to have another kind of op I wouldn't think of the dangers ild just have it done and it's the same kinda risk the risk is being put to sleep wen u carry alot of weight but they do so many tests b4 u have the op....ild say if u have tried to lose weight and not succeeded and surgery is the answer go for it, with a band most ppl r out the nxt day if not the same day.... And normally up and about and feeling good considering there's a lot of banders around that I'm sure will b along soon to help u out but from one mother to another these feeling r very natural and it wouldn't b right not to worry but if ur weights affecting ur health then ild deffo do research into the op these ops change so many ppls lives and I for one carnt wait for mine- nervous- yes but very excited good luck with ur journey... We r all here to help and support we r like a little family here we r so welcome xx

Hello there and welcome to the forum...you will get lots of help and advise from the lovely people on here.
You will make the right decision for you love, but i can understand how worrying it is. Good Luck!

It won't hurt to get the referral from your GP as any good Surgeons and the team wouldn't let you go ahead if it wasn't for you, and if it was too much with three kids and being a single mum.

At least you would be pointed in the right direction to maybe kick start help.

hiya amy,
just wanted to let you know i'm in a similar boat - i'm 5"2, and just weighed myself last night ( :( ) and i'm 18 stone 5. people say i don't show it too badly, but i've just seen some new years eve pics of myself and i don't look like myself anymore!
just starting the pre-op diet today, low-carb one, for bypass on the 14th :s scared!!x

Back